PDA

View Full Version : Chop Shop new series

mowgli
26-10-08, 11:50 PM
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS ????? I never thought it was possible to make a SAAB 900 look any worse than it did when new, but OH GOD didn't they...
http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/dni-media/mu-12/media-6754-16059.jpg
http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/dni-media/mu-12/media-6740-16016.jpg

Asa-James
26-10-08, 11:56 PM
budget r8?

belly257
26-10-08, 11:57 PM
thats shocking:eek:

L14MNP
27-10-08, 12:00 AM
Aye they ruined the SAAB big style, but the mk3 Capri being built at present has actually had money spent on it :( decent looking four pots, Rover v8 conversion, TVR 'box, custom prop and uprated (2.8?) axle and horror of horrors they have discovered coilovers :( No more angle grinding springs.
Wonder what they are going to do to the front of the Capri lol as the back looked canny, like a Tickford edition or something.

If they stop bodging as much I will stop watching :D

mowgli
27-10-08, 12:00 AM
I think Leepu should go back to modifying mopeds for the curry house delivery market.. he keeps banging on about aspiring to be the worlds greatest car designer....... my three daughters let loose with a sledgehammer & a big box of fireworks could make a better car than that!!!!!!

L14MNP
27-10-08, 12:03 AM
Ah I also forgot the Capri got banded steelies, not a 40mm spacer in sight :(

The designer bit makes me laugh, he isn't designing he is butchering production cars.
If he starts from scratch then he can claim to have designed it. Tool.

ade
27-10-08, 12:03 AM
lol - theyre making some mad one this week - cannae remember who its for but it'll make me cry anyway!

mowgli
27-10-08, 12:04 AM
Aye they ruined the SAAB big style, but the mk3 Capri being built at present has actually had money spent on it :( decent looking four pots, Rover v8 conversion, TVR 'box, custom prop and uprated (2.8?) axle and horror of horrors they have discovered coilovers :( No more angle grinding springs.
Wonder what they are going to do to the front of the Capri lol as the back looked canny, like a Tickford edition or something.

If they stop bodging as much I will stop watching :D

the box is just a rover sd1 one that they took out of a tvr.. & on the test drive, they cooked the lump big style so it had to come back out again.... it will end up looking like a p1ss poor mustang mach1 from the seventies.... everyone knows that a capri needs linkbars to keep the famous axle tramp at bay, I didn't see any.... & practical classics mag ran a huge seruies about why fitting a 5litre ford v8 & box was way better than a rover one, & about a third of the price to do

mowgli
27-10-08, 12:06 AM
lol - theyre making some mad one this week - cannae remember who its for but it'll make me cry anyway!

Lawrence Dallaglio, the rugby legend is getting it as his retirement pressie from two of his teammates, god help the man

L14MNP
27-10-08, 12:08 AM
the box is just a rover sd1 one that they took out of a tvr.. & on the test drive, they cooked the lump big style so it had to come back out again.... it will end up looking like a p1ss poor mustang mach1 from the seventies.... everyone knows that a capri needs linkbars to keep the famous axle tramp at bay, I didn't see any.... & practical classics mag ran a huge seruies about why fitting a 5litre ford v8 & box was way better than a rover one, & about a third of the price to do

I missed the end but heard the HG went, ah yeah Rover/TVR V8's one of the same :thumb:

Well they normally buy all of their crap from the Indian gent around the corner don't they, can't be cheap.

It's a shame that we may have seen the end of springs falling out of spring cups though.

NovaGuy1400SRi
27-10-08, 06:59 PM
That Saab looks absolutely f**king horrible :tard: the roofline looks all wrong compared to the rest of it lol

I saw a bit of the Capri one last week, think at the end of it, the lambo doors weren't working right, so they had to cut holes in the wings to get in to do something with them lol

mowgli
28-10-08, 09:51 PM
so they ripped the lambos off & put original doors on.....

the engine failure (overheating caused by failed oil pump) was down to p!ss poor mechanical knowledge, every rover v8 engine that has been stripped needs its oil pump packing with VASELINE!!!! or the pump will fail.......

So it looked like a capri with a sort of seventies mustang nose, & a fat back end like an old seventies racing capri, but crap.... the black & yellow paint job was its only redeeming feature, they made a dash from mdf & vinyl that looked like it was from an old dutton kitcar.......but it did sound nice.....