PDA

View Full Version : Ruin this, Not the other...

Rexy
26-10-08, 09:59 PM
It's going to be sold to make way for an evo... I've decided i want a proper car and in my eyes... I think i can say a Mitsi EVO is slightly better...

Anyways heres your post to moan cry, say you will be back in X amount of months time like normal etc :D

And leave the For sale thread alone :P

cheers :D

Mike
26-10-08, 10:01 PM
Good choice :D watch out for thrashed smoker though, and Ringers ;) theres quite a few about.

PS. Dont be tempted by one that needs " a little engine work" as theyre mega pricey mechanical wise!

Rexy
26-10-08, 10:03 PM
yeah, Now bodywork wise i will take that on allllll day :D

Found one which needs new pads and disks fitting, exhaust is blowing and some other smaller stuff. I need to research them as much as poss now.

novacabrio
26-10-08, 10:06 PM
good job fuel is getting cheaper

Brodie_Sri
26-10-08, 10:17 PM
What evo are you looking to get Rexy?

FUSION X16XE
26-10-08, 10:18 PM
Its getting more expensive isnt it?

Evos have always been one of my favorite cars good choice but youll never loose the need for a nova

matt_vaughan
26-10-08, 10:31 PM
OPEC are limiting supply again, as usual. So Rexy, you'll probably need a bar job evenings to run the Evo.

Good choice though, yes, no matter what people say on here, Evos are better than Novas. lol

Sturge
26-10-08, 10:32 PM
1-3 have pi$$ poor gearboxes, 4 suffer crank walk, all the rest have ayc. So unless you were planning on getting an RS, get an Impreza instead :D

brainsnova
26-10-08, 10:35 PM
id only buy a new one then you know its not been thrashed.

matt_vaughan
26-10-08, 10:36 PM
What exactly is the RS model, always thought it was a cheaper version of GSR or whatever its called, it would seem though (top gear IIRC) said I was wrong.

Would seem the RS is the one to have????

Dave.
26-10-08, 11:53 PM
3 months 2 weeks 4 days 16 hours and 42 seconds :thumb:

Jack
27-10-08, 12:35 AM
good job fuel is getting cheaper
Who cares, smiles per £ is where its at :D

id only buy a new one then you know its not been thrashed.
They're meant to be thrashed. I remember my sister saying once when she took her old WRX for servicing, the shop foreman there saying how some old guy in his late 50's had bought a WRX and did nothing but pootle round in it. It always needed work doing as he never used it properly lol

Lee
27-10-08, 07:03 AM
You will be back as soon as something breaks and you find out you could buy two Novas for the same price as getting it fixed lol.

Enjoy it though, everyone needs to own a car like that at some point in their life imo :)

epo
27-10-08, 07:29 AM
Enjoy it though, everyone needs to own a car like that at some point in their life imo :)

lol how true mine lasted a year as said in other post

Rexy
27-10-08, 07:44 AM
There is always horror storys etc on pretty much everycar people own lol.

I've not test driven one as yet, i may not even like it who knows... lol

Mike
27-10-08, 07:45 AM
If your looking into getting an old Rex (1-3) look out for ones with 7 engine conversions ;) there a good buy. Incidently, the chargers/manifolds from 9's fit on 7 engines IIRC (The 9s charger is much larger then a 7)

The RS model is a lightweight version, has 30 odd more spot welds to the chassis, NO AYC, elec centre diff, no elec windows etc etc about 300kg lighter then a GSR.

Dont be put off about the price of an AYC fluid change, you can DIY for as little £40 as oppose to a main dealers £90+ vat + £35 p/hour labour.

If you go on the MLR site, there is a calculator thing on there that you can workout how much a year it'll cost to own/run/maintain one ;).

EDIT: You may not like it lol lol you'll test drive one, and love it!!!!! You blat around islands in the rain at 90mph and the rear may twitch, once?! There phenomenol handling cars! With so much power! I went out in a 6 GSR, truley amazing!

spanishfly
27-10-08, 11:42 AM
When I was looking into a V or VI I opted out at the time as iirc 10'000 a year is equal to around £25k.

paddy138
27-10-08, 12:08 PM
they love to spin the big end bearings them evos, there is tronger bolts you can get for them to help prevent it, would be a worthy investment

Philsutton
27-10-08, 12:22 PM
I looked at a few before I got the TVR. For some reason the japs have a serious problem when it comes to drilling things into the dash. And all the imports I looked at appeared to have been strapped down on the ships with huge metal ropes over the roof.

Really put me off TBH.

Rexy
27-10-08, 08:39 PM
we'll have a good look around and see whats what, If I go evo it will take me a long time to find one, so i may buy a ****ter to run about in. Or if i go Clio 172 which is a good all rounder i can buy one whenever i find one worth buying. was asking about parts today from mitsi and they seem to be pretty pricey, Thats body parts bumpers, sirts etc etc etc.