PDA

View Full Version : Nova Bonnet Lifters

frank_dh
26-10-08, 05:02 PM
I'm having trouble with my Nova bonnet lifters.

I have bought two sets now, both are nearly identical. One set differs slightly in that the fixing on the bonnet has a slightly longer stud extender with a ball end on.

The problem is that not only does it not raise smothly ( somethin I expected anyway ) it also pushies the bonnet back towards the scuttle panel when closed and causes the bonnet to be raised by 5 mm or so and not fitting in line with the wings.

Is there a mod or different lifters that I can go for?

Currnely I've just followed the instructions of removing the 3rd wing bolt and replacing with the ball end bolt and used the holes vauxhall provided on the bonnet hinge.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Frank

Steve
26-10-08, 05:09 PM
causes the bonnet to be raised by 5 mm or so and not fitting in line with the wings.
Same trouble I had with mine, basically I think its down to the age of the car and the power of the bonnet struts.

I did away with mine as I couldnt be ar$ed with them!

NovaGuy1400SRi
26-10-08, 05:11 PM
Your problem may be that the actual lifters are catching on the top of the bulkhead, and pushing the rear of the bonnet up. try closing it gently and use a light & look in when you're shutting it, that way you should be able to see if it's catching.

Hope this helps.

John.

Dave.
26-10-08, 05:26 PM
mine is the same, ive got calibra ones on mine so tis worse lol.. just every time you put it down push the bonnet down at the top lol

Nova_Tek
26-10-08, 08:01 PM
I too have that little step between bonnet height and wing height. Thats most prob due to the lifters being so tuff that they push the bonnet up a tad.

One problem I have is that the bonnet now, not when first fitted, catches the scuttle pannel when lifting up and scrapes it making a loud noise and I think its due to when the mechanic had the car, not realising that bonnet lifters were fitted, lifted up the bonnet too fast and probably bent the bonnet supports.

Maybe a similar thing has happend. You could maybe undo the bonnet nuts and try adjust it.

frank_dh
26-10-08, 08:38 PM
Cheers guys.

Either way its ****e. I just wish they had proper struts fitted as standard like my mk4 Golf. Tut tut

Asa-James
26-10-08, 09:04 PM
i have thet problem with my golf (mk2) and have been told that the best way to do it is to drill a new hole in the bonnet, its the strut resting on the wing that pushes it up