PDA

View Full Version : is it worth clay barring?

Asa-James
25-10-08, 09:49 PM
i'm polishing up the cav so its all red rather than pink, but despite tcut and polish theres still "imperfections" in the paintwork (raised bits, like overspray) the car is never goint to win concourse comps, but i like my cars to look good regardless of what they are. is it worth the extra effort to clay bar it, or will it just be effort for nothing?

cheers all

novacabrio
25-10-08, 09:50 PM
yes its worth it, maybe invest in a proper machine polisher and try some g3?

Stoo
25-10-08, 09:51 PM
yes
wash with washing up liquid
rinse
dry
clay
wash with decent shampoo
rinse
dry
tcut
rinse
dry
good polish
Wax x3coats

should do the trick

novacabrio
25-10-08, 09:53 PM
have a look on detailing world

Asa-James
25-10-08, 09:54 PM
yes its worth it, maybe invest in a proper machine polisher and try some g3?

the paintwork seems alright, i had a go on the bonnet last night, quick t-cut and two goes with some cheapo boson showroom shine (had it lying around, thought i'd give it a try) and its come up alright, but like i said, with the bumps in there. not very noticeable, but i know they are there

Asa-James
25-10-08, 09:55 PM
yes
rinse
dry
clay
wash with decent shampoo
rinse
dry
tcut
rinse
dry
good polish
Wax x3coats

should do the trick

when i get the weather...

Jim
27-10-08, 05:21 PM
yes
I've always been under the impression you should avoid washing up liquid.

Oh, and using clay bar on the car is a must. Perhaps not every wash, but certainly when it's been a while since you last gave it a really good wash. If you've not used it before you'll be very impressed with how smooth the paint feels after using it.

Stoo
27-10-08, 05:23 PM
no
if you only ever use it its bad for the paint

but for degreasing, removing polish etc its fine, as long as its rinsed well as it has a high salt content

creates a nice clean base to work from

Stuart
27-10-08, 05:55 PM
Bilt Hamber claybar FTW as it only uses water for lube, and you get more clay for your money too so its really cheap to use and great in the hands of a bufty retard like me lol

Ben
27-10-08, 07:53 PM
yes
rinse
dry
clay
wash with decent shampoo
rinse
dry
tcut
rinse
dry
good polish
Wax x3coats

should do the trick

FOOK that i struggle to go to the jetwash!

belly257
27-10-08, 08:01 PM
electric polishing buff use g3 with a slight bit of water on the car(to avoid g3 stickin into paintwork) then rub off then use g10, and then normal polish (wipe on by hand) then wash and wax whole car:thumb:

Stoo
27-10-08, 08:21 PM
FOOK that i struggle to go to the jetwash!

Thats without polishing the glass, polsihing the lips on the wheels/waxing wheels, all the trim, interior etc!

Welsh Dan
27-10-08, 09:44 PM
Thats without polishing the glass, polsihing the lips on the wheels/waxing wheels, all the trim, interior etc!

How do you polish the glass?

Stoo
27-10-08, 09:45 PM
glass polish!!

Ben
27-10-08, 10:27 PM
LMFAO

I just pay an illegal immagrant to do it for £20 job done.