PDA

View Full Version : twin 40's how much???

TUBZGSXR
05-11-02, 08:25 AM
i want to get sum, but how much can i expct to pay?? and were can i et them from ?? also how much will places charge to fit them etc...... as im about as mechanically minded as a cheese sandwich :(

rob.slader
05-11-02, 09:52 AM
It all depends on the condition of the carbs, if they are new or second hand etc etc. I believe brand new with linkage etc is approx ?800!!!! Second hand expect to pay between ?120 ish up to ?300. You may need to have them overhauled, a webber kit is ?16 per carb. You will also need the correct inlet manifold to match the head you have, the 1300 has different shaped ports to the 1400. Also some air filters. There are other modifications you will need to do to get them to fit, such as making up a lower alternator bracket as it will sit too high and foul the 40's inlet manifold, get a lengthened top alternator adjustable bracket and find a belt to fit. You will also have to modify the brake servo pipe and put in new fuel plumbing for the carbs. After all that then they need to be set up on a rolling road for best results, you can do it by ear, but it will not be perfect. Good luck!

?Marty?
05-11-02, 02:27 PM
Tubs - you should be able to get some in the local shop. They cost around thrifty pounds. :lol:

CP
06-11-02, 10:25 PM
Tubs, have a word with Peter Baldwin at Wilshers garage, Wimpole
01223 207217. Thats just down the road from you isn't it? He'll defo. get em set up for you even if he doesn't know where any are. Otherwise keep your eyes peeled and get the motorsport newspapers etc. There is quite a regular turn over of them. Don't forget that you need a manifold to match your head and they are over ?150 new plus other bits and bobs like a fuel pressure reg. ?30 from Demon Tweeks and throttle linkage kits. The other important thing you'll need is a special twin 40 adapted alternator bracket plus lengthened belt and adjuster. You can spend as much on these parts as you can on the carbs.

TUBZGSXR
07-11-02, 08:18 AM
ok mate, cheers ;)