PDA

View Full Version : look like a scam to you ?

calibra-keith
25-10-08, 01:41 PM
right a buyer for my wheels has offered less than i wanted but a fair price, but the words "from malta" and "my agent to pick them up" make me think its another scam, he is willing to pay the amount via paypal, were do i stand if he pays ? can he pay and some how get his money back later like when the wheels have gone :confused:

cheers

Jack
25-10-08, 01:43 PM
We actually have at least one user on here from Malta.

If you're not keen on someone collecting on his behalf, insist his "agent" pays cash - have the chap paypal the money to him so he can pay you in cash. I bet he won't though :p

twistysnovagte
25-10-08, 01:44 PM
personaly i wouldnt sell to him with those comments,but hey thats up to you,paypal wise i once paid a sum to the wrong address(raymond/dame on here) and managed to cancel it(around 30 mins after i paid) and send to the wright addresss so?!?!?

bmw156
25-10-08, 01:48 PM
if he pays you, then you send them he could launch a unsent dispute through paypal and they would refund him his money and charge you for it.

do as RJ said get cash
cash FTW lol

calibra-keith
25-10-08, 01:56 PM
if he pays you, then you send them he could launch a unsent dispute through paypal and they would refund him his money and charge you for it.

do as RJ said get cash
cash FTW lol

well i wont be sending them but if i had proof id sent them or was picked up then paypal cant charge me can they ?

its not full of the normal scam email but does have them two bits was thinking is he for real or are they getting little bit smarter, as i have sold to people over seas before and paid but collected them self,

think i may pass

Breeny
25-10-08, 03:26 PM
Scam.

He pays for the wheels via paypal, you send them to him.

He takes out a complaint with paypal for item not being as described and paypal refund him.

I would never ever trust anyone paying with paypal from a foreign country.