PDA

View Full Version : Dvla Balls Up

Andy
24-10-08, 08:32 PM
Sent off the changes to my Nova a while back (engine swap 1l-1300) and they requested an engineers report which i sent Tuesday.I recieved my new V5 today and its still registered as a 993cc:mad::tard: Has this happened to any of you before? should i ring them or do you have to re-send the info again??

Pistol Pete
24-10-08, 08:35 PM
Ring them and see whats happened. If you send it off again you may end up in the same position.

Paul
24-10-08, 08:55 PM
Yeh, you may as well give up. They're only interested if they're taking your money, they're most disorganised bunch of cluts I've had to deal with nunfortunately.

John
24-10-08, 09:24 PM
Yep had exactly the same problem when registering my xe, took them well over a year to finally sort i reckon! Bunch of timewasting idiots!
I wouldn't bother re-sending it tbh, they've prob sent back a logbook with the standard engine in, at the same time you sent the report in.

Benn
24-10-08, 09:30 PM
lol took me over 2years to get my log book changed to having a xe in it and to get them to spell my name right(6different spellings of my last name)
Then in one week of me ringing them it was sorted.

Riggy
25-10-08, 12:54 PM
lol i sent mine off when fitted the xe, got it back saying they wanted a report on it but had changed the engine number to the 20xe...... number but left capicity , its had a report done at vauxhall a few week back and now shows up on there system as a 20xe nova lol just waiting for my loggbook again now from dvla see if they have it right this time lol

nathan.
25-10-08, 07:20 PM
They do send it you back. You have to re-send it with the engineers report enclosed.

white2lSR
25-10-08, 07:36 PM
I was lucky, mine was sent and returned within 2 weeks. I think it helps when your car isnts taxed or mot'd

Benn
26-10-08, 12:00 PM
I was never asked for any reports or anything. Must know of my genises..lol

General Baxter
26-10-08, 12:03 PM
the best one i have come back was a 2495cc motorbike lol