PDA

View Full Version : Astra Estate / Nova

Chris LR
04-11-02, 07:33 PM
My new idea for rear lights came to me whilst followign a Mk3 Astra estate.

I know the light clusters are curved but does anybody know if it would be possible to make them fit onto a Nova?

I haven't had chance to measure a set up yet, but the thing that bugs me about Nova Lights is they're un-balanced, Left side has reverse and Right side has fog. Unlike the Astra.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Chris

fo0q
04-11-02, 07:47 PM
http://www.knighta.f9.co.uk/mods/euroclusters/eurocluster.htm

Chris LR
04-11-02, 07:50 PM
Cheers, but all those cars have a separate fog/fogs. Astra lights have everything in one place and on later models they were smoked as standard.

This idea like many of mine is in the far future but I'd like to 'experiment' on my current Nova.

carltoncrazy
04-11-02, 09:29 PM
there wider,smaller in hight.
you would have to cut the quarter panel,the boot,
if im honest more work than worth it,
but n e fing possible,
but it would mean chaing the struture

Chris LR
04-11-02, 10:17 PM
I knew they were wider but not smaller. I've got a few ideas for a project but my main aim is new and untryed ideas.

I don't suppose anything like that will be easy so I may give it some more thought.

dave.gsi
04-11-02, 10:21 PM
tip..........don't tell any fuck you're ideas before you've finished them cos some bastard will nick them lol

Chris LR
04-11-02, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the advice, I suppose if I want it to be aone off I should do just that.

Cheers

?Marty?
05-11-02, 12:08 AM
I'm a bit weeeeeeey, a bit woooooo...i'll nick anything! I'm a geeeeza!

And i've nicked your idea! (or not).

locky
05-11-02, 12:37 PM
Have a look at the landrover rear lights(its either landrover or rangerover) they look the similar size to the nova, and look like the QC afterburner lights! thatd b a nice mod!

Matt Finary
05-11-02, 01:19 PM
Locky, I had the same idea but I think they are shorter than nova ones. I started to make an oval cluster using yaris rear lights(in the Bumper), but the I went for the LED's down the rear window(cheers Jamie Shaw for the Idea :lol: ).

Matt :D

Chris LR
05-11-02, 02:26 PM
I've seen a Black SRi thats copied my blue stripe!
And loads of other Novas/Vauxhalls that have copied my un-washed / un-loved look

?Marty?
05-11-02, 02:33 PM
My Nova's sporting the ruff and ready look. The posh ladies love it. :lol:

Chris LR
05-11-02, 02:42 PM
Do you go for the full mud splash, semi-tinted screens, blacked wheels?

All my ideas!

djp_y2k
07-11-02, 11:42 AM
just go for it.

Me an matt finary have both got rid of our rear lights, and have both put them down the rear side of the window.

Two different ideas but both in the same place.

?Marty?
08-11-02, 12:01 AM
I've got rid off my lights from the sides of the rear window, and puit them back in their original place. :lol:

wizz kid
20-11-02, 10:21 PM
i dont have lights they make it look cluttered

Chris LR
20-11-02, 10:55 PM
Your an accident waiting to happen.