PDA

View Full Version : Engine just not bolting in,

novanum1
24-10-08, 07:06 PM
Hey all,

Iv just started puting a C20ne in my nova, but have hit a problem, whatever i try i cant get all three mounts to line up, i can get the mount and gearbox mount bolted in but then the engine mount is out by about a inch,

Then when i tried it a diffrent way by bolting the engine mount in and gearbox mount i cant get the rear mount bolted up,

So am i right thinking the engine mount is not right,

Adam
24-10-08, 07:08 PM
Are you using a mount conversion kit?
Got the rear gearbox spacer fitted?

Lee
24-10-08, 07:11 PM
Are you trying to fit the engine with the Astra rear gearbox bracket. (the black metal bracket that bolts to the gearbox).? You need to use a Nova one.

Or as Ad says, with the original engine mount, not a conversion bracket?

novanum1
24-10-08, 07:38 PM
Yep iv got the spaced rear gearbox mount fitted, And im using a Conversion bracket,

novanum1
24-10-08, 07:39 PM
so im lost!!!!!!!!! lol

jimbob-mcgrew
24-10-08, 07:40 PM
djshaggeh had a similar prob on his when we put the xe in (with conversion bracket) took 3 of us to get it bolted in. with a trolley jack underneath controlling the height, one levering the engine back/forward into place with a breaker bar, one wedging a screwdriver thru the bracket and mount to line the holes up, and a third to get the bolts in whilst the other 2 were holding it all in place, was effort.

Adam
24-10-08, 07:40 PM
Which holes are you using on the conversion mount(theres usually 3), so you can use bottom two or top two

novanum1
24-10-08, 07:49 PM
top two mate, tried it loads off diffrent ways but it wouldnt go lol

novanum1
24-10-08, 08:02 PM
Iv just bought a new engine mount from a diffrent maker so lets hope this works lol

novanum1
26-10-08, 10:29 AM
Iv got it in yay Force for the win!!