PDA

View Full Version : c16se turbo conversion

dion r m8
23-10-08, 11:53 PM
heya guys im planning a turbo conversion on my corsa c16se does any 1 no what exhaust manifold to use ? suggestions would b appreciated thanx:)

burgo
24-10-08, 12:13 AM
i surgest you quit the text typing and use a normal size font

Pistol Pete
24-10-08, 10:41 AM
And also use the right section.

nova_niek
24-10-08, 11:43 AM
Pete,

before you start looking out for manifolds and whatnot, think of what you want to achieve power wise, and more importantly what your budget will allow you to get/buy/make.

Do you have all other parts nicely sitting on a shelf, or are you going to just build and buy parts on the go? Is this your first turbo build? Lots of fun can be had sorting a turbo'ed C16SE as quite a few people out here can testify.

Anyway, on to your question. The easiest would be to get a cast iron manifold, as used by Courtenay for their turbo conversions. Sure there's more sources out there than just Courtenay to obtain one. Anyone know if there's proper welded stainless jobbies available for the C16SE?

Good luck!

Cheers,
Niek

Mike
24-10-08, 05:32 PM
Anyone know if there's proper welded stainless jobbies available for the C16SE?

Unfortunatly there isnt mate :(

imnobby
24-10-08, 05:47 PM
what exhaust manifold to use ?

a turbo one.........:wtf:

Pistol Pete
24-10-08, 05:54 PM

:roll: C16SE is a normally aspirated engine as standard you penis!! It will be a custom conversion so "use a turbo manifold" is kind of correct but not!

dion r m8
25-10-08, 02:05 AM
yea its my first turbo build. i was looking at a c20let manifold but it will have 2 be modified and made 2 fit but it seems like 2 much hassle. i have got a spare engine so im goin to build that one up before it goes in the car i am gettin a high lift cam, valves and springs low compression forged pistons i want to get 150 bhp+

Stuart
25-10-08, 07:50 AM
'to' as opposed to 2 please...

pob
25-10-08, 09:42 AM
dont use a high lift cam on turbo engines.
let the turbo do all the work and have all the driveability of a normal cam.

Paul
25-10-08, 03:45 PM

Mr State the Obvious :roll:

nova_niek
28-10-08, 10:22 PM
dont use a high lift cam on turbo engines.
let the turbo do all the work and have all the driveability of a normal cam.
Spot on sir. The turbo does all the hard work of filling the cylinder with plenty of air/petrol mixture. No need for peaky cams. You might want to read Corky Bell's book on turbocharging. Very helpful!

Mike
29-10-08, 09:45 AM
Use a standard cast manifold, thats what i did.