PDA

View Full Version : Greenmobil....From SR to GTE !

Mushy
23-10-08, 11:24 PM
Well, from slight internal damage to my sr 85bhp screamer, Its time for enginer conversion no#2.

Bought a healthy GTE lump from mike turbo(thanks), Sitting on drive at the mo. Re-building sr head so i know the lump is a gooden when its out, Then one wkend soon hoist the new lump in.

Getting rid of the ecu and injection system, going with twin 40s as im rather a carb man and also cant be ****d with loom,ecu,bigger tank etc lol

Will start with the new lump by de-greasing it and freshing it up with hammerite black and silver paint. Pics soon

Mushy

burgo
24-10-08, 12:15 AM
have you measured the combustion chambers to check to see if you can actually use the sr head on the gte bottom end? i assume thats what you were planning to do from what youve put

Steve
24-10-08, 02:08 AM
No he's re-building the 1400 and keeping the gte lump as is, except with carbs.

You already got the carbs then dude? Give us a shout if you're out tomorrow night. :thumb:

corsakid
24-10-08, 01:27 PM
carbs are the way forward cant beat them, will be watching this with interest

Mushy
24-10-08, 07:06 PM
have you measured the combustion chambers to check to see if you can actually use the sr head on the gte bottom end? i assume thats what you were planning to do from what youve put

My mate has just bought a mk1 1.2 minter, so hes buying my sr lump all repaired for his.

No steve not yet, But ive got my eyes on some just waiting for pay-day next friday :). Will miss my sr power tho, got 85bhp out of that from rolling road, engine completly standard. Zetec-s killer :p !