PDA

View Full Version : ENGINE, POWER STEERING!!!!!!!!

so1o
04-11-02, 12:26 AM
i hope someone can help me as i have a few questions....

1.) what engine is faster a 1.6 gte or 1.6 gsi?

2.) if i was to put one of them engines into any standard
nova or a sr version, what would need changing.........brakes?
suspension etc? as much details as possible plz?

3.) can power steering be added to a nova or not?

4.) whats the maximum size alloys can i shove onto
a nova without fiddling with the arches?

thats all for now.............any response would be appreciated.....

Thanks.

carltoncrazy
04-11-02, 10:12 PM
yep corsa parts,then ya need a pump,
go into the reportf fings and sum1 rote one bout the size of wheel,fink 15 with et 49

Chris LR
04-11-02, 10:29 PM
1) gsi is quicker

2)if you change into an SRi you won't have too many probs, fuel, loom, suspension

3)It can but not worth it (so i've heard)

4)as above, 15's

mikeoxford
04-11-02, 10:31 PM
sorry i cant answer all your questions but.....

id say GTE rather than GSi as the two engines are SLIGHTLY different

the GTE one can be tunbed slightly better (i.e just tweaked) and it will give maybe 1 more BHP than a GSi or something stupid

as for power steering

goto my website

http://how2.nova-land.com and go to the mechanical section for a how to guide on power steering.

as for alloys

i think you could get away with 15s, and maybe 16s on some of the mk2 novas - as it seems as the age of the nova went on there was a greater manufacturer tolearance.

mikeoxford
04-11-02, 10:33 PM
just checked to make sure the guide was there ;) for some reason i put it in the engine section :o

so check either the engine section or the mechanical section as when i get chance im gonna move it to the mechanical section :oops:

cheers

brian
05-11-02, 07:27 PM
power steering can be done with a corsa rack and a saxo electric pump.

mikeoxford
05-11-02, 11:53 PM
:idea: as the guide in the mechanical section states :twisted:

nova-land.com your one stop resource for The UKs BIGGEST Online Modification Database

so1o
06-11-02, 02:27 AM
thank you all for your help............

Voodoo
06-11-02, 01:35 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I,ve been considering the power steering conversion for a while but something is catching me out:
The saxo pump has an electrical connection to the gearbox speed sensor. If you don't connect it on the Nova, won't the steering be too light at speed? Or is there a way to bypass this? :?:

TUBZGSXR
06-11-02, 02:16 PM
i like the idea of power steering as well, ive driven a few cars with it, and compared to my SRI they handle much better, although its just standard suspension on GSI alloys at the momnet! so will be better when i get the 16's and blisteins!! but yea id be interested if anyone knows if it would be alot better, and worth the money etc.??

wisewood
06-11-02, 02:26 PM
To be 100% honest - I prefer driving cars without power steering.
Power steering just takes away from the experience and you can't feel what's going on on the road through the wheel as well. That's what I have found anyway.

AND NEVER NEVER DRIVE A FIESTA WITH POWER STEERING!!!
My mum has one, N reg... aweful. It seems to under and over steer all the time, at random, for no apparent reason what so ever. Horrible car to drive... sets off pretty quick though.