PDA

View Full Version : heater matrix help?

bmw156
23-10-08, 12:02 AM
hey guys and girls. have a mk2 dash coming and fitting into a mk1. i cant get it inot my head how the heater switch on a mk1 goes from up down to ajust the heat into a mk2 where you turn it? if you get what i mean
so basically what makes it change from up/down to left /right turning????
+ do i need a mk2 heater matrix?

sorry if has already ready been posted i did search.:thumb:
many thanks

brainsnova
23-10-08, 12:43 AM
you may need mk2 cables but knowing vaux it will be the same heater box.

jimbob-mcgrew
23-10-08, 02:22 AM
think its the slider on the passenger side of the matrix, as its getting colder now, prob best to manually shift it to hot and duck tape the arm in place till u can source a cable. u got the other cable in ? direction of the vents one ? dunno if its same scenario with that one.

bmw156
23-10-08, 08:23 AM
thanks for the replys, i dont know what it looks like i havent taken the other one out yet, so yeh might just have to tape it to hot and be done with it lol
sure i will sort something out
might message razorjack he should know lol

AlexW
23-10-08, 10:44 AM
The cables from the mk1 are totaly different to the cables on mk2, The cables on mk2 are known to break where they secure, so be reeady with tape, cable ties and whatever else.

Once you get the old dash out you will see that the heater has two arms that the cables connect onto.

craig green
23-10-08, 10:47 AM
The rotary controls on the mk2 dash simply operate the cables as need be. The cables are different but assuming you have all the parts you need from the mk2 donor dash, it will all connect up & work.

Have you read up the details on a mk2 dash in a HAYNES manual yet?

Spudly
23-10-08, 11:18 AM
The cables on mk2 are known to break where they secure, so be reeady with tape, cable ties and whatever else

Hair dryer and heat up the plastic clips on the cables that clip them to the heater box, they only break because theyre old/cold and brittle.
If you heat them first they become more pliable and less likely to snap when you carefully undo them:thumb: