PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Nova Meeting in Herts/Beds/Bucks area

Breeny
03-11-02, 09:39 PM
Sunday 1st December, Pencil it in your diaries now :) It will be in Milton Keynes somewhere but am not sure where yet. I will be giving out directions in the near future. If you would like more information or have any suggestions on a meeting place mail me.

Breeny@Novaload.Net

A full report with pictures will be done aswell. Please note that every nova owner is welcome, from whatever club/website they are from.

Jim
03-11-02, 10:25 PM
Sunday 1st December huh? Well, since I don't have a diary I'll just have to remember the date :)

Sounds good to me. Can I make one suggestion with the location? Avoid Central Milton Keynes...It WILL be jam packed. The Christmas shoppers are already out in force. I will have a look around for a suitable location. Theres a place called Willen Lake that has a big enough car park. It's usally packed in the summer, but should be fairly quiet over the winter. It's also really close to the M1 Junction 14 turn off.

If you need a hand with anything else let us know Breeny.

Jim

MattyWoo
03-11-02, 10:56 PM
Does anyone know why the square outside the train station in Mk was closed last night?? they had police cordons and a few coppers givving grief to a few lads.

Breeny
03-11-02, 10:59 PM
yeh i know Jim, i'm gonna have a look to see if there are any pubs that are big enough. Willan Lake might be a good idea, are there any places to eat nearby?

ScorpionOrg12
04-11-02, 04:43 AM
I think you should all meet up in CROYDON! :lol:

Hopefully I will be at this meet too :D

Jim
04-11-02, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know why the square outside the train station in Mk was closed last night?? they had police cordons and a few coppers givving grief to a few lads.

The trains don't run over the weekend, so the police only allow Coaches into the train station car park over the weekend, that's all.

yeh i know Jim, i'm gonna have a look to see if there are any pubs that are big enough. Willan Lake might be a good idea, are there any places to eat nearby?

Yes, there are pubs and restaurants along Willen Lake. I'll pop down there sometime this week and see how busy they get over the weekends.

Jim

Norris
04-11-02, 10:51 AM
Is anyone going from the Marlow area as my family all live there, could pop down!

dave.gsi
04-11-02, 03:23 PM
how about somewhere slightly closer to me lol!

makes sense to set it up more in the middle so every1 has to drive the same amount to get there rather than the northern peeps having an epic 4 hour drive to get there while the southern pansies roll out of bed and into the car park. :roll:

Jim
04-11-02, 03:43 PM
how about somewhere slightly closer to me lol!

makes sense to set it up more in the middle so every1 has to drive the same amount to get there rather than the northern peeps having an epic 4 hour drive to get there while the southern pansies roll out of bed and into the car park. :roll:

FFS, we have this every time we organise a meeting. Where ever we organise the meeting theres gonna be someone that'll moan that it's too far. To be honest, I doubt Breeny was expecting many non-local people to attend, I know I wasn't. However. MK is closer to the centre of the country than you think. Also, MK is only 25mins away from Billing which is where all the national meetings are held for all kinds of car enthusiats, so it's not like the location Breeny and I are sorting out is in the middle of nowhere.

If you don't want to attend because it's too far, then don't. If you'd rather attend a meeting closer to where you live, then go ahead and organise a meeting yourself. It's hard enough trying to get the word spread around, having to worry about the loaction is another hassle. It just so happens that Breeny and I live within the area, so why shouldn't we organise it near to where we live? Breeny still has a 30min drive to get to the venue anyway, so it's not like it's on his doorstep. It's on mine :P

I know what you're saying Dave, perhaps Novaload will look at getting an official Novaload meeting set up nearer to your location some time next year, but this is a last minute meeting.

Jim

dave.gsi
04-11-02, 03:46 PM
lol, it was only a suggestion, no need to go off on one! :lol:

Jim
04-11-02, 03:48 PM
Sorry Dave, no offence.

Jim

carltoncrazy
04-11-02, 07:17 PM
oi oi,wait keep it MK,i gota feul the guzzaler 2 get there,
willian,hmmmmm,how many cars are we expecting?
think we need 2 get numbers

spanishfly
04-11-02, 07:58 PM
i may be there and even driving my car and if i'm even luckier will be on m/ ways:)

locky
05-11-02, 12:13 PM
I'll attend, but is it gonna b a whole day thing, or just a night meet, i may b in 2 minds if its just a nite thing, as its a couple hrs drive 4 me! but wotever id prob attend!

Jim
05-11-02, 12:38 PM
It'll be more of a day meeting. If we look to meet up for 2pm at the location (which is still to be decided) then depending on what the situation is with the MK cruise scene we can think about attending that. More information will be posted as soon as possible.

Jim

Anonymous
05-11-02, 01:09 PM
count me in deffo

Cheese
05-11-02, 01:54 PM
Yep and me! :D

MattyWoo
05-11-02, 02:20 PM
Me too (If i pass me test in a coupla weeks :? )

ollster
05-11-02, 02:31 PM
id like to come but the nova is now garaged for the winter and i dont think i would fit in driving the old rover!

Anonymous
05-11-02, 03:39 PM
just come along i doubt i will be in my nova

carltoncrazy
06-11-02, 12:05 AM
im going in the carlton,so dont worry,
rover got more respect than a hurst,i mean carlton.
nothing rong wiv da gd ol rover...............part from they fall apart................and build quailty of a lada.
only messing :lol:

Jim
06-11-02, 09:27 AM
LOL Is anyone actually going to be turning up in a Nova other than me and Breeny? :P

Jim

Alex
06-11-02, 12:47 PM
I will do but i need to know ASAP if it is definate as i need the day off work :roll:

Alex

Jim
06-11-02, 12:52 PM
Fair point Alex, I'll check out the venue this weekend, If you can wait that long? Hopefully it will be definate. The only thing stoping us will be the weather, but even then, the location that I'm looking at has restaurants and bars near to it anyway :)

Jim

ollster
06-11-02, 01:29 PM
im going in the carlton,so dont worry,
rover got more respect than a hurst,i mean carlton.
nothing rong wiv da gd ol rover...............part from they fall apart................and build quailty of a lada.
only messing

ure probably right about it fallin to bits, it only cost me ?50 (g reg rover 214 sli 16v), i got it with a few burnt out valves, two weeks later and an engine rebuild it emerged from my garage as good as a new one :)

Alex
12-11-02, 02:21 PM
so whats going on with this meet. Is it on? :?:

Jim
12-11-02, 02:28 PM
Yes Alex, it is still on. I just need to check out the location. Should have gone this lunchtime really :roll:

I'll go to the location tomorrow and post a message when I get back.

Jim