PDA

View Full Version : JBL Creative Speaker Fault

Dave.
22-10-08, 09:19 PM
wonder if any of you can help me..

my JBL creative speakers went off the other day when i lifted the bass speaker up, ti crackled and just died.. we then opened it up to find nothign melted etc so we thought the only option was to buy a enw set

basically, weve got a new set tonight, and the same proble. the plugs fuse is ok, the transformer is buzzing correctly, but theirs no power to the main subwoofer the l.e.d isnt comign on

for my PC also

anyone help? :confused:

marc novataken
22-10-08, 09:22 PM
running off an amp? check that next

Gibbo
22-10-08, 09:29 PM
there may be a clear fuse in side the amp

Jack
22-10-08, 09:30 PM
Yup, amp or damaged wires.

Seeing as this is an Audio question, I'll move it to the ICE forum shall I... :p

Dave.
22-10-08, 09:30 PM
forgot to mention.. these are for my pc :thumb:

Jack
22-10-08, 09:31 PM
LMFAO

back it goes lol

Tidy Max
22-10-08, 09:59 PM
sound card fried? you tried the speakers on someone elses pc?

sorry read it properly now, odd that the l.e.d isn't coming on, so i suppose that narrows it down to a power problem! is the main bass speaker also the main controller bit, tell us exactly what there is and what goes where e.g

pc>Bass Speaker>5 surrounds etc

Dave.
22-10-08, 10:04 PM
pc -> ----------bass speaker -> 2 tweeters(one with sound control)
audio wire->/\

Tidy Max
22-10-08, 10:22 PM
so basically you bass speaker is also doubling as an amp i think! when you open it up and you see the circuit board, there should be a couple of wires running to the bass speaker, dont suppose you have got a tester have you?

oh and check these wires are connected and havnt come off somehow?

Tidy Max
22-10-08, 10:24 PM
wait, **** im forgetting you bought a new set, sorry, long day, im typin this in bed and nodding off lol sorry mate

right if its happening with the another sub etc, we can probably assume its your sound card, did you plug them into your computer with a new sound cable? or did you use the old/existing one?

Dave.
22-10-08, 11:15 PM
new one and old cable tried both

ive got a old set of small ones here and they work fine when plugegd in