PDA

View Full Version : 40DCOE's

Anonymous
09-11-00, 09:36 PM
Are the weber 40DCOE carbs the right model to fit to a Nova 1.3SR. I am in the process of considering buying a few second hand. The guy who wants to sell them to me says that there is no linkage between them, and no banjos' - whatever they are (can anyone tell me). He has a matched manifold and says that they were meant for the 1.3, but I would just like some clarification.

The guy also said that he didn't know what kind of condition they are in, I guess If I ask him if they are shiny, that would be a good starting point?

TIA

Toby

P.S. If the carbs are not setup for the 1.3, is it just a case of taking them down to a carb shop and having them jettet to clean out the crap and whatever.

Anonymous
09-11-00, 09:46 PM
U can buy the linkage kit from www.petermaiden.co.uk and the banjos (think they r air filter)

Anonymous
09-11-00, 10:37 PM
For fitting 40's on a 1.3sr, you'll require 28-30mm chokes, 115 jets, and slim line K+N's. Ideally you'll want it setup on a Rolling Road. You'll need to modify the alternator bracket to lower the alternator to clear the carbs (This can be done with a square plate with two holes top and bottom.) Only the Homoligation Nova Sport 40's use the vacuum advance. You should really have head work done to benifit these carbs, and a f/r - rally cam to bring the power up the rev range, where this setup works the best.

You'll love the noise but hate the drivability - I did.

:)