PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel boss

Adam Moran
03-11-02, 06:19 PM
i want to buy a sparco steering wheel but they dont seem to do a boss that will fit a nova - will another make do then just buy the sparco steering wheel??

AJ

jon_boy
03-11-02, 07:10 PM
i got a courtenay steering wheel and fitted it with a completely different boss. so yeah im guessing they will be the same shape bosses but just different manufacturers. hope this helps, if in doubt keep the receipt, jon

mowgli
03-11-02, 09:19 PM
Considering that novas, astras, cavaliers & calibras share the same steering wheel boss design, I thing that Demon Tweaks or someone similar should help you without any probs.

Just remember to lock the steering & note the straight on position before you take the old one off

Cheers Mowgli

locky
03-11-02, 10:16 PM
Also, if ur takin the wheel off urself, be sure to leave the nut on a couple of threads, as its sprung loaded, it could cause some damage from the chest up! :|

rob.slader
04-11-02, 09:31 AM
I have a Momo wheel fitted using a Raid boss. Just check with the boss manufacturer they are compatible with the wheel you are buying. I don't think you will have a problem.

dex
04-11-02, 12:51 PM
your lucky to get the bloody wheel off it took me 5 hrs to get mine off no garage would do it so I had to make my own puller and do it myself