PDA

View Full Version : Number plates

Cle
22-10-08, 04:45 PM
Just over the last couple of days ive noitced a couple of people are running there nova's with no front number plate. Is that not illegal ????

they could have just taken them of for the photo's but im just wondering.

Cheers
Cle

vaughanmc
22-10-08, 04:45 PM
Usually placed in the front window on the dash I think mate...

I take it your thinking about Benn's Nova ?

Cle
22-10-08, 04:48 PM
yeh Benn's was the first i seen. Then this one
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106962

Jack
22-10-08, 04:59 PM
Probably taken them off for the pics. I can't imagine they'd be driving round without them on...

andrew1988
22-10-08, 05:23 PM
yeh Benn's was the first i seen. Then this one
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106962

Thats mine. It did have a normal front number plate. I then took it off to swap for a german style plate. This fell off due to poor sticky pads and as the original one broke im left with no front number plate. Im going back to having a numberplate sharpish though

Pistol Pete
22-10-08, 05:24 PM
Must be the new "in" thing?! lol my mate used to drive about with it in the windscreen and get pulled for it all the time. This was 6, 7 years ago mind!!

craig green
22-10-08, 05:30 PM
A much cooler craze than all these Black/silver plates or pressed metal ones IMO.

I wonder if honeycomb backgrounds & 3D text will ever come back 'in' again?

hc coupe
22-10-08, 05:34 PM
What is the deal with the "German/European" pressed plates.They do look quite cool however I'd rather not attract police attention if possible (apparently I look a bit dodgy driving a nova saloon already :mad: according to them)

MK999
22-10-08, 05:34 PM
honeycomb backgrounds and 3d text, different fonts etc all look grade a crap imo ! black/silver and pressed look nice on the right car tho

andrew1988
22-10-08, 05:53 PM
Mine has the german plate on the back and did have one for front. Never had any problems with police. I think its because its an old reg so would look foreign if glanced at anyway. Loads of germans and poles round here so kinda fits in

L33 LEG
23-10-08, 01:57 AM
i havnt had a front plate on the mr2 for over a month now, havnt got round to fitting it and havnt been pulled yet, and thats with a very illegally spaced rear plate aswell.

if you fancy leaving it off, keep it in the window and have some sticky pads with you just incase you get pulled

AlexW
23-10-08, 10:40 AM
Ive used my nova without a front plate on some ocasions but i wouldnt specifily keep it off.

craig green
23-10-08, 10:45 AM
The retro & pressed plates look crap IMO.

A classic example once again of how a couple VW enthusiasts do something, then it becomes the norm for everyone to do it & before you know it, someones attempt at being unique ends up being an epidemic.

Pistol Pete
23-10-08, 01:58 PM
Thats the modifying scene throughout though! lol

thedjse
23-10-08, 02:15 PM
I didnt have a front number plate for a week due to someone robbing it so i made 1 and put it in the window got pulled and a £30 fine

Jack
23-10-08, 02:52 PM
Thats the modifying scene throughout though! lol
What, making cars look crap? lol

Pistol Pete
23-10-08, 03:06 PM
It was in reference to this:

The retro & pressed plates look crap IMO.

A classic example once again of how a couple VW enthusiasts do something, then it becomes the norm for everyone to do it & before you know it, someones attempt at being unique ends up being an epidemic.

I dont get why some people feel that the VW boys are gods and trend setter when it comes to modifying?! Yeah thet have probably started alot of trends, that are followed and copied, not always to the best finish!

But modifying in general is one person doing something then everyone else does it! Lexus lights, shopping list stickers, massive wheels, etc.

Going off topic know!