PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Induction kit for a 1.2?

limpstar
21-10-08, 08:43 PM
Hey people, I've got a 1.2 8v in my Nova, standard with burnt biscuit on top... I'm looking in to getting an Induction kit, but don't know where to start?

Have looked in mags for ad pages, but they all seem to only do them for GSi/SRi/SR/GTE, all of which I don't have (I can wish though!)

So just wondering if anyone can help me on this?

Is there a kit out there for another car that can be modified to fit?

Heard a punto one does, but seems a bit of a pricey gamble!

No immediate rush as I doubt i'll put it on till the summer months come around again (December? lol)

Cold mornings = Grumbling starts! lol

Anywayz, hope to hear from ya,

Cheers :)

Walshie_Loon
21-10-08, 09:34 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93476

craig green
22-10-08, 11:02 AM
Its your choice but there really is no/little gain to be had from it tbh.

I say std & well serviced is the way forward on small engines

Jack
22-10-08, 12:34 PM
Injection or carb? If its injection, see link above. If its carb, you'll need a K&N - or equivalent - bolt on filter. Which will make cold starts worse, unless you bodge up a hot air feed.

Nova_Tek
23-10-08, 11:25 AM
Injection or carb? If its injection, see link above. If its carb, you'll need a K&N - or equivalent - bolt on filter. Which will make cold starts worse, unless you bodge up a hot air feed.

I've had a bolt on for 3 years on my 1.2 carb. Had a hot air feed for a year during winter. Then I took it off and made no difference lol Just make sure the carb is clean well serviced and the engine for that matter.

Started fırst time all the time in winter.

As mentioned it wont really make much or any difference but it slightly changed the exhaust note on my car with a backbox fitted and every now and again the K&N would pop lol

Its only really for show and to clear up the bay somewhat.

:thumb:

Jack
23-10-08, 12:06 PM
Started fırst time all the time in winter.
Hot air feed is to prevent carb icing rather than warm start.

Nova_Tek
24-10-08, 02:21 PM
If its carb, you'll need a K&N - or equivalent - bolt on filter. Which will make cold starts worse, unless you bodge up a hot air feed.

^^^So why you say that^^

;) lol :D

I know that a hot air feed wont do shizzay coz the engine is cold when it fırst starts :p

Im just sayin that I didnt need the hot air feed.

craig green
24-10-08, 02:27 PM
carb icing tends to occur as a result of wind chill on a running engine & not due to freezing conditions whilst the car is parked overnight.

Jack
24-10-08, 03:00 PM
^^^So why you say that^^

;) lol :D
LMFAO dunno, why did I say that? lol I was thinking of carb icing, then thinking of cold starts... epic brain fail lol

Nova_Tek
24-10-08, 08:14 PM
LMFAO dunno, why did I say that? lol I was thinking of carb icing, then thinking of cold starts... epic brain fail lol

Happens to the best of us :D

limpstar
30-10-08, 10:58 AM
Haha ah well...

Thanks for your help guys - I was actually after what Induction kits there are available, as i've not been able to find one for a 1.2 8v nova, only SR & above...

BUT... as Craig Green pointed out... little or no gain... I'll save my money for something a bit more worthwile :)

Thanks for the help guys :)

1.6 8v turbo nova
30-10-08, 11:04 AM
I got a bolt on k+n for my 1.2 8v carb from halfords, 70 quid. i Noticed a lil difference, mainly just a induction noise and less mpg lol.

Nova_Tek
30-10-08, 12:50 PM
I got a bolt on k+n for my 1.2 8v carb from halfords, 70 quid. i Noticed a lil difference, mainly just a induction noise and less mpg lol.

What makes aftermarket filters suck mpg is the fact that the driver cant get enough of the induction noise so their foot becomes considerably heavier keeping the accelerator pedal far down more frequently. lol

Aftermarket filters work well when the whole induction system is upgraded, a good cold feed setup and the exhaust upgraded too.

Spudly
30-10-08, 02:43 PM
What makes aftermarket filters suck mpg is the fact that the driver cant get enough of the induction noise so their foot becomes considerably heavier keeping the accelerator pedal far down more frequently. lol

Absolutely spot on bud...+1Rep:thumb:

Nova_Tek
30-10-08, 09:25 PM
Cheers fella :thumb:

1.6 8v turbo nova
30-10-08, 10:22 PM
now i have a turbo whistle to listen to, imagine the MPG? lol only messing, it's not too bad actually..

Nova_Tek
31-10-08, 12:46 PM
lol damn... what do you normally get mpg wise on your turbo?