PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers

jatinder
03-11-02, 09:46 AM
Ive got my standard black bumpers on my sri but they have faded a bit i keep using back to black but i need to know what would make them shiny again for good what would i have to use?

Adam Moran
03-11-02, 11:51 AM
i think the only thing you can do is to respray them! i'm going to be doing that to mine soon but the question is do i go for body colour or black like standerd??

Anton
03-11-02, 02:19 PM
I'm spraying mine black with bumper paint from Hallfords, then going 2 put a white stripe on em.

v1nce
03-11-02, 09:56 PM
black like standerd??

Ekk there grey as standard LOL

ade
03-11-02, 11:06 PM
back to black is nasty stuff - it leaves horrid resedue on the bumper (silicone based) so if you ever wanted to spray them black or to match cars bodywork, youve 1st got to get it all off (silicone repells paint!)

If using bumper paint make sure you use plastic primer 1st and get the bumper greese free 1st otherwise you'll be in a mess - also you may want to lacquer it afterwards - bumpers are impact areas (stone ships, dings etc) and lacquer will help protect them.

Ade

flair
04-11-02, 07:53 PM
Hi, im new here and ive only had my nova flair 1.2 for 1 day.... bassicly i wana know where to buy parts online and ask how easy is it to fit a front bumper... would i be able to do it myself or would i have to get it fitted???? also can i just order them off the net and they will be deliverd in a few days???? ahh well if you can help me.. reply
thnx :lol:

Chris LR
04-11-02, 08:03 PM
I've heard of many online stores, however i haven't dealt with many of them, the only few i know of are

www.tuning.co.uk which have a Nova section
www.passionmotorsport.co.uk which has good customer service
www.ccmotorsport.co.uk which i know little about
www.larkspeed.co.uk which is OK

If you get yourself a haynes manual, a decent set of tools and a willing mate there isn't much you can't repair/replace on a Nova.

Chris LR
04-11-02, 08:05 PM
Don't forget scrappys, just because something is used doesn't mean it's no good, like your Nova!

Matt Finary
04-11-02, 11:42 PM
don't use http://www.ccmotorsport.co.uk/ they are meant to be very cr@p.

Try www.carismastyle.com
www.mcrallying.uk.com
www.autotintdesign.com
www.prosport.uk.com(i think)
www.autofashion.com or co.uk

Matt :D

flair
06-11-02, 01:45 AM
thnx CHRIS,
i aint had my nova flair long at all and i love it!.... i always thought nova`s where crap untill i got mine.

i will post a picrute of it when i get my digi cam working.... also anyone know where i can get my car steroe decoded??? it came with my car and i have to enter a code to get it working. anyone knows plz leave a msg. thnx
:o :evil:

flair
25-11-02, 12:46 PM
Hello again...
Anyone know where i can get some cheap alloys on-line.. not some shitty second hand ones that have been kirbed... some ok ones that are nice and cheap and i can look at them b4 i buy them!!!
THNX ALOT :evil: :twisted:
I found a good site www.directcarparts.co.uk but they dont have the alloys i want plus there to exspencive

Fester
26-11-02, 11:33 AM
the only places where you will be able to see them are in the shop so you may as well just buy them from their rather than just ordering off the companies web site if youre going in

Euan
17-12-02, 04:52 PM
get a set of gsi alloys. cheap as fcuk and they suit the car!

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 12:08 AM
id agree with last post

get some cheap alloys that dont look half bad on the car.

youve only just bought nova?

is that cos youve not long passed?

your BOUND to do something and perhaps curb an alloy if youve only just passed. or was that just me with bad look trying to rush a prarlell park!?!??!

Freak
18-12-02, 01:18 PM
no no no no no no

Dont spray them
pointless and waste of cash.

When you say shiny-You want them to look like this i think...

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/mig/uploaded5/wm_Dsc08453.jpg

100%non faded.
Simple to get and i got asked all the time how i got the bumpers so clean and shiny when i had the nova :cry:

Autoglym bumper care (green label). You wipe it on it and it leaves it nice and shiny.

Forget back to black, sprays etc. All bullshit- and spraying them black will look poo (especially on a standard (non GSi) bumper )

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 03:27 PM
what size alloys r they mate?

Freak
18-12-02, 06:59 PM
15"s

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 11:38 PM
no way!

cool

nite