PDA

View Full Version : New Cage

Ian
02-11-02, 04:55 PM
Just fitted my new cage :D

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/39big8.jpg

coming back out soon for more modifications ;)

gonna be the absolute bollocks!

Made by Ally11 from this very site, can make any custom cage to your own design!

dan16v
02-11-02, 05:01 PM
nice one m8 the x diagnols look mint 1 thing tho why arnt the verticals as close up to the door pilars as possible, i thought a percentage of the cages rigidity came from hugging the inner of the car?. my rollcenter one in my old gte was so close i had no option but to run harnesses. but then if it looks gud who cares! :wink:

Fester
02-11-02, 05:17 PM
function AND form - nice1

Breeny
02-11-02, 06:15 PM
very nice :D

Dave_Hay
03-11-02, 01:35 AM
your still a dick

Ian
03-11-02, 09:53 AM
yeah but micky he said u were a fat old balding dick lol

is this the sam mature dave that posts on mig about diffs when he has no intention of fitting and was even giving advice on stuff he knows nowt about? lol dave hay tuning must be back in business!

Dan
03-11-02, 10:04 AM
lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spanishfly
03-11-02, 10:56 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: very funny
nice cage btw how much was it????

Matt Finary
03-11-02, 12:49 PM
Very nice!

Matt :D

cornish
03-11-02, 07:01 PM
Very nice, i believe they are about ?80

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47176

Ian
03-11-02, 08:19 PM
nope they cost more the reason his one is ?80 is because its 2nd hand.

They are not FIA approved because tbh anyone can go and buy a safety devices one, what al is doing is doing what others dont

custom, even to your own design. wait til mines finished :D

Tilly
04-11-02, 07:46 PM
That looks good. R they available in different colours?? id love a pink one and who does the boot etc for you??

wisewood
04-11-02, 08:19 PM
That does look well smat Ian - I like it - I like it a lot.

dan16v
04-11-02, 09:14 PM
that pic is annoying me! its making me want another cage! my old man would go mad tho! coz i just sold myne :cry:

Ian
05-11-02, 10:53 AM
That looks good. R they available in different colours?? id love a pink one and who does the boot etc for you??

Cheers for the comments, when its finished you'll be able to see just how mad you can go with them.

They can be any colour we just wet and dried it and painted it in my garage then laquered it, so if you get pink paint you can have it pink.

the boot is a fake floor ive had for ages that was in brett warburtons car, was made by a joiner for him its jyst frame work to match the contours of the boot and then a flat floor on top, we just got some acoustic carpet from halfords and trimmed it and the wheel arches. Then added carbon fibre cards. Strut brace is a fearless one, one of bretts. Silver bottle is a fire extinguisher NOT n02 lol

wisewood
05-11-02, 12:18 PM
Silver bottle is a fire extinguisher NOT n02 lol

LMAO - Ian you big wimp - you scared of power or what? lol :D

Ian
05-11-02, 01:55 PM
N02 is for people whose engines dont make enough power to start with!

?Marty?
05-11-02, 02:23 PM
i'd love a pink one

Hey TILLY - if you want, i'll be able to squeeze something pink into your rear.[/quote]

wisewood
05-11-02, 02:39 PM
Hey TILLY - if you want, i'll be able to squeeze something pink into your rear.

You know what - I am REALLY glad it wasn't me that said that... she would have ripped out my virtual throat and virtual sh*t in the virtual hole.

and Ian... have you never been tempted to rig up some NO2??
Just to see what it was like with your car being faster than a fast things fatest bits anyway?? :D

Davo
05-11-02, 04:09 PM
your still a dick

i cant stop laughing at that hahaha, possibly one of the funniest things he sed. its not cos its at ian, its just off the subject completely.

lol, looks nice ian, does that mean we can roll your car over to see if it works? :roll:

Ian
05-11-02, 06:49 PM
and Ian... have you never been tempted to rig up some NO2??
Just to see what it was like with your car being faster than a fast things fatest bits anyway?? :D

Nope. The engine is probably pushing as much as it can without serious internal work, adding more power = bang.

as i said more for standard engines not pushing big bhp.

wisewood
05-11-02, 07:10 PM
ian - gooooo onnnn.... you know you want to. lol.

joking - be a shame to see that engine go kapooof.

avon_nova
05-11-02, 09:01 PM
I bought Dan16v's Rollcentre cage and yeah it's VERY tight up the pillars and up against the roof.

They're supposed to be like that so if you roll it the shell can't gain momentum before it hits the cage. Rollcentre's number if anyone wants it 01480 464052

Ian how much did u pay for the rear strut brace? And what's this about ur car being so slow, what engine have u got?

Dan what's happenin with ur licence? Haven't been on here 4 ages...

?Marty?
06-11-02, 01:36 AM
I'm joking Tilly.

<-------- just got laid. 8)

wisewood
06-11-02, 02:08 PM
And what's this about ur car being so slow, what engine have u got?

We are all having a joke about it - Ian's car is VERY fast.
Look at it in feature cars... to see the spec of it... most impressive i think you will find. **wisewood then removes his tongue from ians arse**
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=39

:D

?Marty?
06-11-02, 05:43 PM
That cage is pants. Ian can still get out! :lol: It won't make a very good monkey sanctuary mate, sorry. :(

CP
06-11-02, 07:32 PM
8) :D

dan16v
06-11-02, 08:06 PM
Ian what bhp are you running? i agree NOS is for people who dont have the knowledge to tune an engine with their head, it is the cheap way out. also why would you want a burst of power when you could pay extra and have the bhp under your foot 100% of the time? also another Q for you Ian how much were your throttle bodies as ive been quoted ?1449 for sbd bodies and mbe management? they said they could 100% give me 200bhp does this sound right?
and Avon nova ive still got my licence no summons as yet! as for i havnt been on l8tly? im on here every night! :wink:

Rick Draper
06-11-02, 09:14 PM
Velos quoted me ?2000 for a full DTA management setup and TB's that was all mapped up and ready to go which is quite a good quote i think. Rick

locky
06-11-02, 10:45 PM
Ian, lookin good! 8) very nice indeed!
Rick, i may b able to get throttle body's, dunno bout price, i can ask if ur interested, its off a 2.0, bored out to a 2.1 (if that makes a difference??), fairly new, bout 2 months old i think!
Also, i wonder if im able to fit a roll cage 2 my 5 door?
I think the dimensions are roughly the same!
Wot price would i b looking at also?
Thanks in hand!

djp_y2k
07-11-02, 11:22 AM
Nice! looks godd.

disagree about the nos though. Its not just for people who dont know how to tune engines. How come all the amriacan car who do quater miles have got it. There engines have had a load of tinkering and tom foolery done to them.

Its just another mod to give you more power. doesnt matter how easy it is to fit.

dan16v
07-11-02, 06:32 PM
yes but i mean putting it on a std engine, ne way locky if rick isnt interested in the tb's then iam as long as they are tb's and not twin carbs! :wink:

avon_nova
07-11-02, 08:44 PM
Nah Dan16v I meant I haven't been on here for ages, sorry.

Wisewood I know Ian's will be quick i've got a stripped out modded 2.0 16v myself, except i am gettin NOS.

Why? Cos it's a cheap 50bhp with no hassle (unless it goes bang, in which case it's turbo time)
I don't need more than my 160bhp all the time, my work is 2 mins away in the car - loadsa fuk bumpy roads, loadsa traffic, 30mph limit. I could do the journey in a 45bhp 1.0l, it wouldn't make any difference. (Just wouldn't sound as good)

The thing is if i had carbs, high lift cams etc, by the time my engine has warmed up to run smoothly i'd be at work! Not to mention using twice the fuel of running that power all the time, it'd be a waste for me.

So when i'm being a tarmac terrorist at the weekend, NOS is the daddy. Race nearly anything, pull alongside press the button and get clamped back in ur bucket seat, wheelspin in 3rd, 4th and waste them!

Not sayin every1 should get it i'm jus giving another viewpoint on how useful it's gonna be 4 me.
Besides i've got the switches ready 4 it from when i did the dash, aircraft arming switch and Sparco suede wheel with the little red buttons hehe.

Good luck with the licence Dan, remember I only got 7 week ban for doin 117mph and u were doin 100 weren't u? So it shouldn't be 2 bad.

dan16v
10-11-02, 10:56 AM
i was doin 109mph m8 i hope i dont get to much but i bet they make an example out of me! :evil: