PDA

View Full Version : Bomex Nova Bumper

Matt Finary
02-11-02, 12:50 PM
Here a pic to give you an idea what the saxo bumper will look like on a nova. If you still want one reply or PM me, this will give me idea of who want one and then I can give you a price. The bumper will prob be ready for the end of Jan, start of Feb hopefully.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=119

Matt :D

dave.gsi
02-11-02, 05:01 PM
looks quite nice, just u wait till u see what i'm building at the moment. its in the kitchen half finished.very very cool. :D :D like nothing u ever seen b4

baha_guy
02-11-02, 11:47 PM
:arrow: Very nice bumper how much you going to sell it for.

?Marty?
03-11-02, 12:47 AM
You doin' a pick up now?

I know you'll probably think i'm bein' a **** now, but that bumper totally clashes with the rest of the car (in the picture).

Matt Finary
03-11-02, 12:41 PM
I know it does but it was the only pic I could find that was at the same angle as the saxo so the bumper would fit. I think it will look sweet on the flying machine, once the new lights and bonnet are fitted. I think you will need a mental looking nova to start with, otherwise it will look out of place.
As for the price, it all comes down to demand. The more orders I get the cheap it will be.

?Marty?
05-11-02, 12:23 AM
Only 'clashes' coz it's a pick up - too much at the front, and nothing much at the rear.

Otherwise it's a very nice bumper.

?Marty?
05-11-02, 12:24 AM
Only 'clashes' coz it's a pick up - too much at the front, and nothing much at the rear.

Otherwise it's a very nice bumper.

Matt Finary
05-11-02, 11:39 AM
Is this a bit better? :D

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=121

Phil GTE
07-11-02, 12:24 AM
Im very interested in the bumper, r u cuttin and shuttin another 1 to fit or startin from scratch?

let me know a rough idea of pricing

PhilGTE@hotmail.com

Matt Finary
07-11-02, 10:44 AM
I'm cuttin and shuttin it to fit, then I making a mould of it. It is based on the orange supra from the fast and the furious, but it is made for a Phase 2 saxo :roll: . It costs ?346 to buy :o , but I will be selling the nova one for about ?180-?200. The offer will only be open to Novaload and I'm not making anymore then 6 bumpers.

Phil GTE
07-11-02, 07:25 PM
i'll defo take 1

Jan feb time will be fine.

where abouts are you based?

?Marty?
08-11-02, 12:09 AM
Great Yarmoth. :roll:

Matt Finary
08-11-02, 03:40 PM
I based in Great Yarmouth not Great Yarmoth(Cool Marty :roll:)

Matt :)

Phil GTE
09-11-02, 12:39 AM
Only a couple of hours away from me. let me know about a month or so before its ready (so i can put cash aside!)

thanks.

Matt Finary
09-11-02, 03:37 PM
Will do, as I say will be late Jan/Feb time.

Matt Finary
09-11-02, 03:38 PM
Will do, as I say will be late Jan/Feb time.

olly55
09-11-02, 09:16 PM
u got a pic of ur custom zaust pls matt? was thinkin of using rage boxes meself jus wonderd wat they lookd like,

Matt Finary
10-11-02, 01:14 AM
I haven't got a pic yet because the day after it was fitted I took it off, if you really want to see I will refit them and take a pic. They do look the dog's but I have no rear bumper yet( but I have an idea :D )

olly55
10-11-02, 08:54 AM
y did u take it off?

wat style pipes did u hav?

Matt Finary
10-11-02, 04:44 PM
It's a powerflow system with two 5inch round rage back boxes. I took them off because i'm still working on the shell.

Matt Finary
14-11-02, 12:57 PM
The Mean Machine

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=128

wisewood
14-11-02, 02:11 PM
That's mint mate - proper nice.

Very good use of photo editing software too.
although i would have blackened the bumper too... :D

Matt Finary
15-11-02, 10:14 AM
I would have done but MGI photosuite is cr@p! :(

Phil GTE
15-11-02, 02:45 PM
That looks so good, cant wait to get one.

Your project is sounding awsome. when do you expect to finish?

..............or is it never finished?

Matt Finary
16-11-02, 02:40 PM
The shell will be finished in about 6 months(thats sprayed aswell). Then it will take about another 6 months to fit everything and finish the install( only 5 10inch sub :o )

?Marty?
16-11-02, 06:13 PM
I would not have the patience!

Matt Finary
17-11-02, 12:25 PM
I know what you mean. Sometimes I think why but then I open the garage door and see it sitting there and think that's why. It's only been off the road now 18 months :roll: .

djp_y2k
18-11-02, 06:29 PM
lol

I know how you feel. I get so pissed off with mine sometimes I just cant be bothered but then you see it and think, Yea thats why!

Mine's been off the road about 15 monts now. Not sure how you feel, but it seems to have gone well quick.

I've got to say I love the way it looks and sounds.

No one happens to know anything about K (original nova on 19's) and his new project do they, as it was supposed to be finished soon.

Jim
19-11-02, 09:43 AM
According to the "Grapevine" K's latest project comprimises of big wheels, big bodykit and no doubt big sounds. There are no pictures available as he now only shows people printouts of the progression of his car. Apparently as soon as he put any pics on the net they were getting spread around quicker than the plague.

I'm not sure what's with all the secrecy when people do customised bodykits. As soon as you get so far down the line in a project, if anyone else is going to copy you, you're car will still be out before them (unless they have some major funding and can give it to the profesionals who get it done in half the time :roll: )

Still, each to there own.

Jim

Phil GTE
19-11-02, 01:52 PM
I know for sure its running 20"s and air bags.

Matt Finary
19-11-02, 10:35 PM
Airbags :evil:

Matt :twisted:

djp_y2k
20-11-02, 09:23 AM
Yea I know he is running 20's and air bags. Guys I have spoken to from the mags said it was supposed to be ready any day and that was about 2-3 months ago.

?Marty?
20-11-02, 04:25 PM
Who gives a shit. I certainly don't.

djp_y2k
21-11-02, 09:54 AM
I give a shit. Hence why I asked. It interests me to see what he has done.

?Marty?
22-11-02, 12:31 AM
If/when it's featured i'll have a look. And i might think it's fuckin' fantastic. I liked his last one, though it did have a lot of bad touches that let it down. In my opinion.

But if you go on something like Cruise South, people won't stop going on about it! It gets right on my tits.

There'd be someone asking a question about a Nova, and someone will but in with something along the lines of 'don't bother....K's building/built the ULTIMATE...everything else is just crap' sort of thing. And there's no need for it.

He doesn't do it himself, so he's alright.

Still, i just don't like people in general anyway.

Matt Finary
22-11-02, 11:02 AM
This was meant to be my sales pitch for my bumper! :lol:

I agree with Cool Marty(twice in a week :o ) that people go on about K building the Ultimate Nova, but is it? It like when people go on about saying nothing more can be done to a Nova once K's is finished. Is that true? No - just look at Sid's and My doors, Dan's and my lights and kits.
I think Dan's will be the Ultimate Nova.

djp_y2k
22-11-02, 11:08 AM
Soz mate my fault.

Stop talking about K and start putting in your orders for a very cool bumper.

How long till ur car is finished matt?

Matt Finary
22-11-02, 11:28 AM
I still got about 9 months work left, mainly down to some more idea's which I have changed over the last couple of weeks, How about you?

?Marty?
22-11-02, 03:44 PM
There's no such thing as an ULTIMATE, since there's so many different routes you can take, and everyone has different tastes and styles.

BUT, if we must pick one, it's gonna be Dave Hay's. Bring on Dave Hay Tuning! I love 'im. :lol:

djp_y2k
23-11-02, 10:38 AM
I've got to agree with marty. There is no such thing as the ultimate nova,as every1 will have there different opinions about wats the best and whats not.

U cant please two people who like two complety different things.

You may find a number of amazing novas in different areas of modding though.

locky
23-11-02, 11:26 AM
no such thing as "THE" ultimate nova, if u put the effort into ur own nova, you can call it "MY" ultimate nova, as its wot the individual wants, so therfore to the individual person, its your own ultimate nova!

does that make sense :?

djp_y2k
23-11-02, 09:45 PM
Makes perfect sense to me.

But I wouldnt call mine the ultimate nova, as I'm personaly look at other cars and think they are a lot nicer.

Breeny
24-11-02, 03:04 AM
I think you should wait before you pass comments on K's nova, ive seen it and its way beyong anything else ive seen on the planet. The guy is a loon, he is very good at what he does. He hasn't done the car to his tastes even, some of the stuff he doesnt even like himself, its been built purely to be different.

Of course his friends on cruise south are gonna say good things about him.. You would be exactly the same.

There will always be someone to build a madder/more expensive (not necasarily better) nova, so whats the point in arguing?

Matt Finary
24-11-02, 02:15 PM
What about my sales pitch :roll:

burney
24-11-02, 11:05 PM
k's last nova was good to look at but not so good in many other ways. the way i see it he put the effort in and got good results. many of us wont get such good results but will put all of our effort in with little to no help and thats wot makes a good nova.

djp_y2k
25-11-02, 08:23 AM
well said burney.

But we are forgettin about the bomex bumper that a lucky few will end up buying.

Matt Finary
25-11-02, 12:42 PM
Thanks Dan :P I still taking orders

Ian
26-11-02, 10:47 AM
He hasn't done the car to his tastes even, some of the stuff he doesnt even like himself, its been built purely to be different.

Of course his friends on cruise south are gonna say good things about him.. You would be exactly the same.

WTF building a car he doesnt like? he is obviously just building it for the mags then so will be rude and over the top, you should build a car for yourself not for others its your car.

imo anything over 17s look too big on a nova so 20s will look like roller skates, and on a nova without a big kit even 17s are too big, check out k robinsons 1.2 on speedlines in the gallery, those 16s look perfect ona gsi kit.

Cruise south are always kissing his arse and going on and on about him, gives people a bad impression cos K is a nice guy.

Breeny
26-11-02, 05:31 PM
He's done it to promote his company "Type K Styling"
It doesn't look anything like a nova anymore so that rules out your "anything over 17's imo look too big"

I didn't think you liked gsi replicas anyway? Famous quote being "Just another gsi replica" or don't you remember that?

Cruise south dont kiss his arse either, like i said most people on there are friends with him and want to help him and his company out.

And your right, Karthik is a genuine nice guy unlike some people i could mention.

djp_y2k
26-11-02, 06:28 PM
God dam it people. Does it matter wot people do to there nova's. Its people like K that are pushing the bounderies and comin up with new ideas. Some may be crap, others will be insane.

As I was on the mission to fit 20's I say big respect to k for doing it.

Nuff said other than matt Finary and his bumper.

AndyNo1
26-11-02, 06:32 PM
Hi all Im Andy and used to be known as ScorpionOrg12 on this board.

As you probably know I am a very good mate of Ks. What I dont understand is why hes name gets dragged in everything?! This post wasnt even about him!!

All he wants to do is build a car AND THEN get the reactions.

As his mate he knows I tell him what I think honestly about his car. If I dont like certain things I tell him but he does it his way anyway if he likes it. ITS HIS CAR!! Yes there were bits on the car which he was not sure about but over time has changed his mind.

He built this car for one purpose and one purpose only........to WOW people. This is going to be his company show car and it needs to get attention (and it fucking will).

This post isnt about K at all and as everyone has said K is a top bloke.

When has K called it the Ultimate Nova? All he has said is he wants to be the first Nova on 20s and make it MAD. Its other people that have claimed it to be the Ultimate Nova. Cruise South people are Ks mates too and maybe some of them do suck up to him......at the end of the day what counts, your opinion or someone elses??

I believe there IS such a thing as the Ultimate Nova. The Ultimate Nova is different in other peoples eyes tho.

For me my Ultmate Nova is Brett Warbartons mint 2.0 16v :)

You guys keep going on about opinions but why do you care if people call it the Ultimate Nova? Is that your opinion of it?? If it isnt then it isnt. You have your own opinion of it.

For me I like the smooth look of the Nova but I did still love Ks on 19s not cos I kiss his arse, its cos it also appealed to me.

Hes latest creation is beyond words and yes there are things on the car that I would have done differently and he knows that.

You all like K so whats this post about?! Im confused? I guess it is about OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS on his car.

If people have any points they want to take up with me then please post IN A FRESH topic as this was about Matt bumper deal.

Please give me some feedback :)

AndyNo1
26-11-02, 06:44 PM
Why cant people just support what he is doing even if they dont like?

He gets respect from me for having the balls to do it (and start up his own business).

Oh and back to the first question about Ks Nova..........its been pu to the sideline at the moment as he has been far too busy with customers cars. Hes at the workshop virtually 7 days a week and is there till late too.

The car will be out when its out basically.

He has another Nova which is his little runabout which is getting modded too :)

?Marty?
27-11-02, 01:23 AM
I'm very tempted to respond.

But i haven't yet decided whether to be nice. Or a cock. :lol:

?Marty?
27-11-02, 01:50 AM
its been built purely to be different
Is that supposed to be a good thing? As i said earlier, different means fuck all without taste and quality.

WTF building a car he doesnt like? he is obviously just building it for the mags then
Fair enough. He's doing it to promote his business, and what better way is there than to get it featured in a magazine that's read by possible customers. And he obviously wants front cover too.
Building a car 'for yourself' can mean different things too. Someone may enjoy what they 'get' from having it featured more than the actual car itself.

imo anything over 17s look too big on a nova so 20s will look like roller skates, and on a nova without a big kit even 17s are too big
I second that.
Though maybe even 18's at a shove. Or even 19's, but only if you can get them on without having to re-build the whole car just for the wheels.

Cruise south are always kissing his a**e and going on and on about him, gives people a bad impression cos K is a nice guy
There definitely is ass kissing. Anyone can see it. Apart from the ass kissers, who'll deny it till they're blue in the face.

As for K? I wouldn't know, and couldn't care less. I don't know him.
The guy only gets mentioned because of the ass kissers dropping his name all over the place, so he inadvertantly gets 'dragged' into discussions.

Cruise south dont kiss his a**e either
Yes. They do.

most people on there are friends
So what? There's being friendly and there's kissing ass. I don't kiss my friends asses. In fact friends are more likely to say something is shit.

and want to help him and his company out
Or they want something in return for ass kissing. Since that's the whole point of it.

I believe there IS such a thing as the Ultimate Nova
Yes. To each individual. As you said.

Why cant people just support what he is doing even if they dont like?
Erm, you've said it there yourself. Because they don't like it. And why support something, if there's no consideration in return? You just don't bother. Obviously you'd have to be a complete and utter **** to actively campaign to affect it negatively.
Unless you're a direct competitor in business. All's fair in love and war. (As long as it's legal)

Sold all your bumpers yet Matt? :lol:

Matt Finary
27-11-02, 03:00 PM
No because some people keep hijacking my post :evil:

?Marty?
27-11-02, 04:10 PM
Just look at it this way, it's got loads of replies, so people will check it out to see what's going on.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Unless it's of a Kiddie Fiddler type.

Matt Finary
27-11-02, 10:15 PM
True :P