PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for new car

Jcb
19-10-08, 10:50 PM
Well I just got a nice 2000 octavia, i'm wanting to up the sound system as it sounds tinny as ever for OEM stuff. as opposed to the nova, it's got some big door speakers in the bottom of the door and tweeters on the inside of the wing mirror, i seem to remember that it's better to upgrade the front speakers as rears aren't really worth it?

It doesn't have rears at all at the moment, but if what i belive is right, then i may just whack a sub in the back and just run standard sound from decent components/coaxials (whichever it is!) in the front, without putting in rears at all?

Tidy Max
20-10-08, 08:06 AM
depends where you want sound really mate, if you have rears in aswell then the music will sound fuller and have more depth, not just like its coming from the front of your car!

if your having a sub in there then you wouldnt need large speakers by anymeans, 2 coaxials would cover it, or if your not overly bothered about booming bass lol then go for 6 x 9s

i never thought i would recommend them to someone, but if you used those, you would get enough bass for the music to sound fine and also the other ranges so you would get your music from the rear aswell