PDA

View Full Version : Whos Nova Is This?

Dan_Coombs
19-10-08, 01:57 PM
As title says...whos car is this? I have a few questions for them or anybody that could answer!

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nova23aa1.jpg

What alloys are they?
What colour are the bumpers?
What colour is the car?

Just really like this car and was wondering. :)

Big_Chap
19-10-08, 02:03 PM
The simps, red, black, softstars

areofall
19-10-08, 02:04 PM
Wheels are 16" softstar's, i think.
Car colour is red and dark grey bumperslol

sport
19-10-08, 02:06 PM
The alloys are irmscher softstars, as for the rest unsure.

Nick J
19-10-08, 02:06 PM
The car was built and owned by Simps on here.... has now been sold. Colour iirc is vaux flame red,bumpers are satin black and the wheels are 16" irmscher sofstars.

The Simps
19-10-08, 02:10 PM
The car was built and owned by Simps on here.... has now been sold. Colour iirc is vaux flame red,bumpers are satin black and the wheels are 16" irmscher sofstars.

Almost correct Nick. The earlier bumpers were satin black but i later had them done matt black with texture added (like standard grey bumpers would have).

Satin...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Photoshoot%20Day/DSCF0315resize.jpg

Matt textured...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/P4260099.jpg

The new owner James is taking the car off the road for winter shortly and has lots of plans for making it his own - so watch this space!

Nick J
19-10-08, 02:32 PM
Almost correct Nick. The earlier bumpers were satin black but i later had them done matt black with texture added (like standard grey bumpers would have).

Satin...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Photoshoot%20Day/DSCF0315resize.jpg

Matt textured...

The new owner James is taking the car off the road for winter shortly and has lots of plans for making it his own - so watch this space!

Almost had it... :) Isnt the guy who bought it from scarborough?

The Simps
19-10-08, 02:46 PM
scarborough or hull, can't remember which! lol

Spudly
19-10-08, 02:53 PM
scarborough or hull, can't remember which! lol

Think possibly scarborough as andy from here lives in scarbro and he said a mint looking LET had appeared the other week, ill have to keep my eyes peeled next time im up his way as that looks sexy as hell!

Im guessing the new owner is a member then?

vaughanmc
19-10-08, 02:56 PM
How come it has different reg plates ?

Spudly
19-10-08, 02:58 PM
Im guessing the 666 one was a cherished transfer which he kept when the car sold?

The Simps
19-10-08, 03:00 PM
Think possibly scarborough as andy from here lives in scarbro and he said a mint looking LET had appeared the other week, ill have to keep my eyes peeled next time im up his way as that looks sexy as hell!

Im guessing the new owner is a member then?

I think it is scarborough. Its sitting a little higher at the mo on yellow billies and 30mm springs until he gets some coilovers (I kept the avo's that were on there).

He's not a member but comes on here every now and then "jamescuj" I think or similar. Nice lad and we still speak a lot. I'm glad he bought the car.

The Simps
19-10-08, 03:01 PM
Im guessing the 666 one was a cherished transfer which he kept when the car sold?

:thumb:

Got M666SJD for my daily driver - cheap plates from DVLA.

Only prob is that K666 can't go on the new coupe project cos its too old :(

C14se
19-10-08, 03:07 PM

how do you get the bonnet to sit that low i got bonnet lifers but mine sits so high

Spudly
19-10-08, 03:12 PM
:thumb:

Got M666SJD for my daily driver - cheap plates from DVLA.

Only prob is that K666 can't go on the new coupe project cos its too old :(

Give the K one to me for me cav then lol

Ill definately keep an eye out next time in in scarb then although hopefully he aint using her through winter!

GTE.boi the bonnet will only be half open, if you open/close it slowly you will find there is a bit around that height where it will balance and just "stay"

The Simps
19-10-08, 03:12 PM
you can slowly lift it up and it will stay, but when you get to a point it just then goes to full.

The Simps
19-10-08, 03:13 PM
Give the K one to me for me cav then lol

Ill definately keep an eye out next time in in scarb then although hopefully he aint using her through winter!

£500 and its yours! lol

I think its coming off the road end of his month.

Spudly
19-10-08, 03:16 PM
Ill swap you it for my standard reg, a broken stop/tail bulb and a half eaten packet of hubba bubba?

Good lad last time i went up there it was rather windy and the sea was coming over the wall and soaking all the road which was covered in sand, needless to say i visited the local jet wash to rinse out my arches before i put me cav to bed lol

The Simps
19-10-08, 03:32 PM
what flavour hubba bubba? :wtf:

Spudly
19-10-08, 03:36 PM
Any flavour of your choice lol

dan16v
19-10-08, 03:50 PM
Homo, how good did the textured bumpers come out? i need to have a set done at some point!

The Simps
19-10-08, 03:53 PM
absolutely fine mate. dad works at a nissan garage and they used to do it all the time on the old micra bumpers.

i wasn't a massive fan of the satin shine and the texture finish feels like a normal mk2 bumper but obviously in black.

dan16v
19-10-08, 04:00 PM
sounds good then!, i was abit worried the textured primer/paint wasnt a common product, but must be ok to source!, think i will try and match the standard dark grey look xx

The Simps
19-10-08, 04:02 PM
should be able to get it ok mate. As said is used on the bumpers on the original bubble micra era!
x

Adam
19-10-08, 04:03 PM
Hopefully see it at some shows next year, looking as cool as it always has :cool:

MK999
19-10-08, 04:05 PM
Definitely one of my favourite novas :)

Andy
19-10-08, 04:07 PM
Aye ive seen that a few times round here,its lovely.Not seen it for a while

Martin
19-10-08, 04:10 PM
do they still sell hubba bubba?

Andy
19-10-08, 04:11 PM
Yes theres new flavours now.

Spudly
19-10-08, 04:16 PM
Thought that would be the one you text me about the other week andy

Yeah there loads of flavours now mart thats why i couldnt remember one specific one lol

Huffy
19-10-08, 04:17 PM
i have an old REVS mag with a nova same as this but with a 1.6 8v motor in :confused:

Spudly
19-10-08, 04:18 PM
Pics??:thumb:

Dan_Coombs
19-10-08, 04:19 PM
How much would it cost to get that matt black effect thinger mo bobber! Could look nice on mine when i pick it up!

The Simps
19-10-08, 04:30 PM
i have an old REVS mag with a nova same as this but with a 1.6 8v motor in :confused:

It was a 2ltr 8v originally so might be that if its the same reg? :confused:

The Simps
19-10-08, 04:31 PM
How much would it cost to get that matt black effect thinger mo bobber! Could look nice on mine when i pick it up!

Should bejust the normal price of spraying bumpers mate. I had mine done at my dads work as a favour to my dad.

I've alerted James to this thread via text so hopefully he'll post later and might let you in on his plans!

Dan_Coombs
19-10-08, 04:35 PM
How much to get bumpers sprayed at a rough price? lol Never had it done before lol

Did you get it resprayed in flame red?

The Simps
19-10-08, 04:38 PM
no idea of bumpers mate. I've always got mine done for free.

I had a full respray and new door, bootlid & wings all GM back in around 2001/2002ish.

james cuj
19-10-08, 06:13 PM
hi think simps has cleared up all questions asked, been at a track day at croft just spectating today.Novas getting tooked up for winter very soon, and im gona go for a different look this time even thought i love how it is at the moment but a few "simps" replicas are appearing and individuality remains to be my aim, for this reason my ideas are being kept a secret for now. i will be appearing at shows next year dint really want to show some one elses hard work as my own this year,
heres a big :thumb: for the legend and creator simon day!
this car is truly loved

james cuj
19-10-08, 06:14 PM
hi think simps has cleared up all questions asked, been at a track day at croft just spectating today.Novas getting tooked up for winter very soon, and im gona go for a different look this time even though i love how it is at the moment but a few "simps" replicas are appearing and individuality remains to be my aim, for this reason my ideas are being kept a secret for now. i will be appearing at shows next year dint really want to show some one elses hard work as my own this year,
heres a big :thumb: for the legend and creator simon day!
this car is truly loved

though not thought ha

The Simps
19-10-08, 07:35 PM
Cheers dude!