PDA

View Full Version : Up rated brakes

Fredd
31-10-02, 11:31 PM
I am geeting myself some up rated brakes for my car but the question is, do i buy the grooved, cross drilled or grooved and cross drilled? At the moment i am just getting the front brakes but will soon be buying up rated rear ones, which combinations are the best for the front and back? Opinions please.

Thanks.

jim sri
01-11-02, 07:30 AM
well im running cav gsi front calipers with standard vented discs,but with EBC green-stuff pads.this setup works fine.on my old sr brakes i got green stuff pads+drilled/grooved tarox discs-helped little bit.
id say the pads are more important than the discs though personally.

Jim
01-11-02, 02:53 PM
What car are you refering to? Is the Astra in your avatar? Or do you have a Nova?

On my Nova I have Astra 2.0l Gte 16v Calipers with Grooved and vented discs and Green stuff pads. They work well enough to stop my Nova.

If you have the cash, go for the Vectra V6 discs and calipers...apparently these are very good brakes.

Jim

Dicko
02-11-02, 01:07 AM
iv herd EBC pads only work well with certain discs, i think its turbogroove or something ill need to check. the make will be more important than if they are crossdrilled/grooved etc as the compound of pad onto disc makes all the difference. tarox make some of the best discs around, otherwise red-dot pads go well with most discs, along with ther discs goind well with most pads1

Fredd
02-11-02, 02:03 AM
aye dats me car in da avitar, im gonna get 300mm discs for da front, they r black diamond wit ebc greenstuff pads, they come as cross drilled only just wanted t know if it was worth da extra cash t get coss drilled n grooved? these discs i will b using da standard valver calipers. i know da bias for da rear discs aint no where as much as da front so wots worth gettin for da back? i was thinkin on da lines of tarox 6 slot discs with ebc greenstuff pads or summit, wot ya reckon?

Jim
04-11-02, 09:05 AM
You can't really go wrong with the greenstuff pads, alot of peeps use them and rate them very highly. It all depends on how much cash you want to spend. Try looking on other sites which have the same car as you, this is a dedicated Nova site, so not many of us have rear discs (except for the rich boys ;)).

Jim.