PDA

View Full Version : sunroof

scottishstu
18-10-08, 03:05 PM
looking for some advise some little bas kid broke my sunroof glass and havent had much luck trying to find a replacement one, was wondering if like a mk3 astra be the same? my cars a mk2 sri hatch mk2 j plate need something like yesterday!!!! as got only shnk rap on it the now to keep the rain out lol anyone else on here got one willing to courier ? cash waiting
thanks
stuart

Asa-James
18-10-08, 03:57 PM
tilt'n'slide or just pop up?

Sturge
18-10-08, 04:09 PM
pm on its way

scottishstu
18-10-08, 04:50 PM
its the factory fitted one tilt and slide

Mike
18-10-08, 07:28 PM
You can buy a complete tilt and slide sunroof with rails & fittings for £30 brand new ;)

scottishstu
18-10-08, 07:52 PM
where from mate? youve got me intrested lol

Mike
18-10-08, 07:59 PM
Vauxhall Car Parts - Buy it straight over the internet, last time i looked they had 2 left in stock.

scottishstu
18-10-08, 08:05 PM
done a google search but cant find any thing mate do you have a link please?
thanks
stuart

Mike
18-10-08, 08:30 PM
Google finds it for me lol vauxhall-car-parts on Google UK :thumb:

scottishstu
20-10-08, 10:42 AM
any one any ideas? thats a week now and still no further forward! the thing mike talking about was just the frame etc NO GLASS!! arg

Nova_Tek
20-10-08, 02:11 PM
My dad asked autoglass a few years back for a new sunroof i.e the glass bit. Factory sunroof tilt and slide in a Cav.

They said £530. No lie. Go to a scrappy mate scope for a vauxhall with a sunroof easy to take off. Sure you'll find one.

meach86
20-10-08, 06:12 PM
mate iv been trying to find a seal for a tilt and slide for over a year now no other car fits iv tryed astra corsa cavvy calibra tigra and nothing is the same
p.s if u do find anything let me know tho lol

Nova_Tek
23-10-08, 10:51 AM
AFAIK mate the seals cant be purchased seperately from the factory tilt slide sunroof. This was the exact same issue and whoever we contacted said it needs a whole new glass unit with the selas built in.

Thankfully a tatty cav with a sunroof and other goodies inside was bought for cheap and we took what we needed.

You may have to start improvising.

meach86
25-10-08, 01:14 PM
thanks Nova Tek for the advice looks like im looking for a tatty old cavvy then lol

twistysnovagte
25-10-08, 01:41 PM
you only need to replace the glass, not the whole mechanism,two 8mm bolts either side of the glass "inside"best to use a quarter inch ratchet, just make sure its aligned when it goes back in,not rocket science,keep it taped up for now until you come across someone breaking on ebay etc.:)

dj_wudgey
25-10-08, 02:50 PM
ive got some advise take a bat to the kid that did it and dont stop hitting him untill he stops mooving and his eyes roll into the back of his head youl have done a good job bye then!!!! revenge is sweet!!!!

dj_wudgey
25-10-08, 02:54 PM
and aside from this what type off sunroof is it i could possibly have one matey

Nova_Tek
25-10-08, 04:09 PM
you only need to replace the glass, not the whole mechanism,two 8mm bolts either side of the glass "inside"best to use a quarter inch ratchet, just make sure its aligned when it goes back in,not rocket science,keep it taped up for now until you come across someone breaking on ebay etc.:)

Thats right just the glass unit with the seals. As said a few screws here and there and its off and on. Hardest thing is clipping the plastic surrounds back lol

meach86
04-11-08, 03:35 PM
and aside from this what type off sunroof is it i could possibly have one matey

Its Tilt and slide mate