PDA

View Full Version : American Traffic Laws

Mike
17-10-08, 07:40 PM
How fcuked up?

If you get 3 or more "moving" vehicle related convicitions in 1 year you get an instant 6 month ban!

Rich
17-10-08, 08:06 PM
you can also turn right through red lights if its clear, thats a good one!

meritlover
17-10-08, 08:51 PM
How fcuked up?

If you get 3 or more "moving" vehicle related convicitions in 1 year you get an instant 6 month ban!

well if you didnt learn the first time.....perhaps a threatening with ban is a better incentive to drive properly

Pistol Pete
17-10-08, 10:11 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Surely those sorts of rules encourage better driving?

General Baxter
17-10-08, 10:13 PM
don't get caught speeding over there, my mate was going 5mph over the limit,

he ended up having a copper screaming at him, gun drawn lol

MK999
17-10-08, 10:21 PM
I caught a police camera action type show on a random cable channel once from the US "Speeders" most interesting thing that happened was a guy doing 69km/h in a 50, apparently this is serious enough to put on tv over there lol

Benn
17-10-08, 10:41 PM
How fcuked up?

Sounds like a good thing to me, would get a lot of useless and crap drivers off the roads. Making it safer to drive.

Mike
18-10-08, 09:48 AM
you can also turn right through red lights if its clear, thats a good one!

lol a friend of mine took his missus to Orlando & failed drastically at said driving f-law in a hire car lol lol lol

Rich
18-10-08, 11:29 AM
When i was out in florida its so much camler than it is over here. Nobody speeds, most sit under the speed limit!

They have no MOT to pass either, litterally if it drives they can use it. Its so much different to here

Jack
18-10-08, 01:44 PM
I caught a police camera action type show on a random cable channel once from the US "Speeders" most interesting thing that happened was a guy doing 69km/h in a 50, apparently this is serious enough to put on tv over there lol
Pfft, whenever I've watched Police Stop Death Kill programs about UK traffic cops, they alwasy seem to chuck in clips of US police to make things more interesting. Oh look, another guy getting stopped for stealing a car, another one for a guy doing 35 in a 30 zone... ah, now here's a guy in Arizona who's stolen a tank lol

mayhem
18-10-08, 04:48 PM
How fcuked up?

dutch law has something like that to. starting drivers have a 'point' licence.

in the first 5 years the have there licence, you can f*ck up 3 times and after that you dont have a licence.. and you wont get it back. so meaning back to driving school.

lower stuff (like 15km/h to fast) dont count, as the have a standard money fine. but the bigger stuff that is ruled by a judge (more than 30 km/h to fast, and more than 40 km/h to fast on the highway etc.) you lose 1 point.