PDA

View Full Version : velos motorsport

mikeoxford
31-10-02, 12:41 PM
hi guys

im thinking of gettin my car rolling road tuned at velos - i need someone who can setup my 40s with my cam and other engine work when its done, and these are the closest "reputable" place to me i have been told about

anyone had any dealings with this place?

and please - dont suggest midlands perfomance center - we all saw them ragging the CR@P out of cars at PV2002 and trax on their portable rolling road thankyou very much :wink: i have the exploded astra trubo photos to prove it too

CP
31-10-02, 01:46 PM
Mike,
They built my 1.4 engine and also do work for Chris Tunnicliffe. I can thoroughly recommend them- they know what they are doing.

nova---chris
31-10-02, 08:35 PM
the boys at velos are top notch
Know there stuff.

very much worth giving em a call and taking ur car down.
u might see my engine down there and car if ur down there over the next week or 2

cya later

hows things mr cp? car??

mikeoxford
31-10-02, 11:30 PM
hmm well its "up" from me i believe :S not sure - live in birmingham

yeah i think im gonna go with them

id rather get someone on recommendation to do it than turn up to a place full of grease monkeys who laff and say boy racer (WHY is everyone under 21 and drives a nova clasified this!!!) - im an ENTHUSIAST like everyone else god damn you!!!!

lastly - how long do you reckon it will take on a rolling road? (im looking at how much the labour charge will be?)

to be fair the only major mods to be concerned with is a kent ast2 cam and twin 40s and a slightly worked on head

thanks lads :)

CP
01-11-02, 10:26 AM
Generally proper rolling road/tune services are provided on an hourly basis with the minimum being 1hr. Providing there arent any serious probs you should get done in an hour maybe 2 tops. I've been charged anything from ?80-100/hr at other places. Consumables are usually extra.

Give them a ring and ask to speak to Alan. 01283 542484.
I'm going next Thursday to go on their rollers - pm me for more details

Dicko
02-11-02, 01:13 AM
velos aint far from me, probly 15miles down the A50 :)

ianwood
02-11-02, 08:20 PM
mike, velos are the guys who used to set up the astra and nova rally cars for vauxhall in the days when the nova gte used to win it's class in the wrc, also they built the rally engine in my car and it's been 2 seasons and only a cam belt has needed changing. There top guys :D

mikeoxford
03-11-02, 07:47 PM
cool, well as soon as me engine work is finnished, ill be straight on the dog and bone to them then!

thanks guys :D

PS anyone any idea what manifold i should get? i have been told 4-1 are good high up but take low end torque away, so i thought about a 4-2-1 one, but even then..... how much and where from / what make!?

cheers again