PDA

View Full Version : Pierburg/carb fitting

dErZ1
31-10-02, 09:34 AM
One of my pull down valves is knackered. So I have ordered and recieved my replacement carb from supernovas.

Is it going to be difficult to fit?

My only real worry is which one of the pipes is the petrol pipe, coz obviously when I pull it off its going to piss petrol every where.

Has anybody got a manual to hand :D

Thanx

Chris

dErZ1
31-10-02, 03:19 PM
Come on someone must know how to fit a carb, you are all car/mechanic GODS

carltoncrazy
31-10-02, 03:56 PM
i a god,
hmm gd sucking up,
piss easy bruv,
just dont take ya old one off tile u got the new 1.
10 mm spanner and screw driver,
10 min job max bruv

ade
31-10-02, 05:24 PM
It wont p1ss petrol everywhere. Mine didnt when I fitted a small fuel filter before my fuel pump.

Trace the pipe from the fuel pump on the engine block to the carb - thats the petrol one.

If youre worried, just make sure your engines cold and that you have plenty of rags about.

Once off it wont keep pouring out (I thought it would but didnt) - as the fuel pump isnt pumping fuel to it - providing engines off. You may have a little trickle from what evers left in the pipe but thats about it.

Just keep it pointing up, or get a 1/4" bung (about that size - piece of dowling for example) and shove it in the end - not all the way though...

Ade
:wink:

dErZ1
06-11-02, 01:39 PM
Thanx alot for your help guys. I replaced the carb no worries :P

Another question though for those of you out there with autochokes.
When I start the car, before I turn the key I press down on the accelerator pedal once and then turn the car over and blip the throttle once more. The car sits happily at 1100 revs, I sit there for 2 minutes to warm her up and then move off, when driving its fine but when you take the car out of gear it revs and sits at 1900 revs. It does this for a couple of minutes! :roll: is this normal???? or is there a way to adjust the carb :?: :idea:

carltoncrazy
06-11-02, 08:57 PM
yeh used 2,
replace auto choke,make sure all connections..pipes everything connected