PDA

View Full Version : SAVE MONEY ON FUEL BILLS!!!

wisewood
31-10-02, 12:49 AM
I S**T you not lady gents... 100% non-fiction.

Some of you might have heard me talkin about these things before, I heard about them a while ago... Mate just got one, and got me one (which I owe him for on pay day)... Clever stuff.

It is some sort o special magnetic gizmo, about an inch long and half inch wide, that you strap to your fuel line just before the carb or injectors and then just leave it there to do it's funky little magnetic thing.

Basically what happens is this - I will try keep it as non scientific as I can...
The fuel passes through the magnetic field thing and when it does, it is conditioned so as to burn more efficiently in your engine. Sounds clever, and it is you know. :D The company claim it gives a reduction in fuel consumption, increase in power output and less emissions too.

I fitted it to my car tonight, but haven't been anywhere to test it yet - but me and my mate tested it tonight in his 3.0 litre Diesel Mercedes 300D which is about 14 years old (D reg). We did the same trip twice, once without the thing fitted, and again with the thing fitted (M1 J31 to J38 and back)... and saved (according to mates mathmatical brain) 14.7% on the second trip with the thing fitted. We were pretty impressed. 56p less on the second trip than on the first :D
The company say it will take up to 300 miles to reach maximum efficiency and savings, so 14% on the very first run is damn good if you ask me... We are gonna keep testing it over the next couple of weeks in the same way, probably doing some routes around town and longer motorway runs too.

If you want to try one of these things, they are 50 quid, but have 90 days money back guarentee on them... so if you got a spare 50 quid, you might as well try one if you ask me.

By my calculations, if i save the same %age as my my mate did, it'll save me about 250 quid a year on fuel... and to be honest, I would rather I have that money than some ponce oil billionaire in his 300ft yacht.

The only supplier I know of is the one my mate got them from, a guy called Richard Horsefield (mate says bloke dont mind his name and number being used on the net) who's phone number is: 01709 366510

Increased bhp figures may be next to nothing, who knows? but if it saves me money, it'll do for me... and lets face it an extra 1 or 2 bhp might mean you beat that crappy fiesta from the light that little easier :D

wisewood
(if you do try one, post and let us know how you get on with it, be nice to know I did something usefull for a change :D).

I scanned the relevant bit from their brochure for you too... see... it's just below this text :o

http://www.soulafuzz.com/tuna/ecoflowad.jpg

wisewood
31-10-02, 12:52 AM
Now for those of you that ouldn't be arsed to read all that... get back up there and read it - this thing will save you some beer tokens. :D and you don't even have to tell the missus about it... lmfao.

Sorry it is so long... but well... just doing my bit for the community :D

ade
31-10-02, 11:13 PM
The company say it will take up to 300 miles to reach maximum efficiency and savings, so 14%

lol! if thats per tank thats my tank almost empty by the time its started to work!

If my calculations are correct based on your calculations (prob not but hey who gives) I'd get about 50 miles extra on a tank

I can get approx 340 miles on a full tank at the mo - 14% (based on the merc) of that is 48miles extra per tank.

I'm suspect. The work "surbo" springs to mind...

How can a magnet work wonders on yer fuel? and whats neodynium 32 axailly polarised CRP?

Your not a member of one of these pyramid marketting companies are you (good sales pitch)

I'm not doubting you for a minute wisewood but I'd like to see some hard data based on the one fitted to yer engine over the next month before I shell out ?50! and I'd like to know how it does it.

Ade
(the sceptic)

wisewood
01-11-02, 10:55 AM
No mate the 300 miles is just 300 miles... from when you fit the thing, but I don't actually understand why it takes that long to start working at maximum - it's complicated.

I do know how it works though - the particles in your fuel are both positive and negative charges, (everything has a magnetic field of some strength) and so when the fuel passes through this rather simple yet very clever thing, the particles are made to line up neatly, instead of bouncing all over the place, this makes combustion much more efficient. That's really all there is too it... I done some research into it of my own, I will post my findings when i get home and can get at the data i found on magnetic technology.

I tell you what though - there is a noticable increase in power on my clio with it fitted, not bothered clocking the fuel consumption yet, just gonna see how far a tank gets me, coz i normally get around 300 miles from it.

LMFAO @ pyramid sales thing - they do actually use a similar system for selling their products, my mate is looking inot the idea of selling them, but I aint got time - and at the end of the day it doesn't matter who you buy it from... seems to work.

The thing I have found, even with my mates that I have told about htis thing is they think that because it is only 50 quid, and it saves you money, reduces emmisions and increases power... it has to be a complete lie... i have had my mate in my car this morning and he asked me what I had done to it coz it seemed a bit more punchy, so i said nothing except fit that thing - and he didn't believe me... so what can I do?

You try and tell people about something good, but nobody believes you.

I will make a note of the extra mileage etc I get from my car over the next couple of weeks, I use a tank a week... and I will keep you informed.

ade
01-11-02, 01:17 PM
cool - if there are benefits I'm up for one - but what with the time of year (christmas etc ) ?50 is a fair wad for a small green plastic gizmo.

maybe in the new year...
:wink:

ade
01-11-02, 01:18 PM
cool - if there are benefits I'm up for one - but what with the time of year (christmas etc ) ?50 is a fair wad for a small green plastic gizmo.

maybe in the new year...
:wink:

wisewood
01-11-02, 01:23 PM
I said the same - thats why my mate bought me one - supposed to pay him back on pay day but i am gonna tell him he will have to wait till new year - and then tell him i thought it was an early Christmas present. lol.

I will let you know how I get on with it... be it good or bad - coz now I have bigged it up I don't want people buying them on my word and then finding they are actually a load of cack... but then again there is a 90 day money back thing.

ade
01-11-02, 01:29 PM
90 day money back thing - mmm thats good

Unless when you get the cheque back for the money bvack whern you return it and the cheque is pink and has stamped on it "the big fat huge co ck vibrator up yer arse company" on it!

:o

wisewood
01-11-02, 01:38 PM
Richard Horsefield - bloke they came from dont look like that sort of guy ade, seen a pic of him on his web site, which i cannot remember the address for - he is about 65 and looks like he couldn't know what a dildo was.

Nova1.6
01-11-02, 01:54 PM
iv got an easier way, dont use the car :o

wisewood
01-11-02, 01:59 PM
ok mate i'll walk the 10 miles to work and 10 miles back every day.

Nova1.6
01-11-02, 02:07 PM
y not u lazy get.

wisewood
01-11-02, 02:10 PM
because i work between 10 and 13 hours days you muppet!!!

imagine walking 2 huors into work - then working for 12 hours - then walking two hours home, then you would have to just go to bed and get up and start again.

THATS WHY!!! silly boy. lol

Nova1.6
01-11-02, 02:13 PM
still though.....u lazy get!

wisewood
01-11-02, 02:16 PM
well yeah i am.
Way I see it is if TUNA wanted me to exercise, he wouldn't have allowed me passing my driving test 3 years ago to happen.

I did pass my test, I have got a car, I can afford to run it - so why on earth would i be wanting to walk anywhere? kinda defies the whole point of paying car tax and insurance fully comp.

Nova1.6
01-11-02, 04:24 PM
aaahhhh, u could pay TPFT, see i win, yeehaa!

wisewood
01-11-02, 04:31 PM
actually mate no you dont.. because my car is on finance, so it has to be fully comp. so nerr nerr.

Alex
01-11-02, 05:33 PM
has it ever occured to you that if you stopped using novaload you may be able to do your work in half the time :D

(although novaload would be a much quieter and lifless place :P )

wisewood
01-11-02, 05:38 PM
actually mate - you are absolutely right. I proved this point yesterday (although i did post a bit).

I didn't start work until 12 noon as I had something i had to do in the morning and work said i could start late, however, I wanted to be out of work by 6:30pm as there was something i wanted to do last night... so... I had 6.5 hours to do the work that would normally have taken me 10 or 12.

Fair enough, it wasn't as simple as not posting on novaload and working at it till i was done - I had to work flat out, almost non stop for 6 of the 6.5 hours (the half hour on novaload) but I managed it.

So - if i stopped posting on novaload, there would be about 20 or 30 posts a day less for everyone to read, which saves you all time in your jobs too. lol.

Alex
01-11-02, 05:41 PM
so that will be now another 2 minutes you have to stay at work. LOL

:D :D :D

wisewood
01-11-02, 05:46 PM
Not too bothered today - to make up for yesterday - and since i am ABSOLUTELY KNACKERED today, I have been working at a snails pace all day, hence me having posted about 35 on here today.

As a result of my non enthused approach to my work - I have a big sack full of paper work that I am gonna have to take home and do over the weekend - but i don't care... ithas been worth it for the FANTASTIC night i had last night and the steady (almost stopped) day I have had today.

To give you some idea of the pace I have worked at... the point I owuld normally be at around 11am on a regular day - I did not reach until about an hour ago - (5pm) - I have tossed it off big time today. But nobody can complain as they didn't notice, and when monday comes, all the work will be done. SHould only take a few hours to do the work I am taking home if I get stuck into it tomorrow. (or sunday night) / (or even first thing monday mornign, lol)

Alex
01-11-02, 05:50 PM
I have tossed it off big time today. But nobody can complain as they didn't notice

LOL :D

I hate weekends as I have to work all through them :(

wisewood
01-11-02, 05:52 PM
Thanks for quoting that line mate - anyone not paying attention will now think i sit at my desk bringing myself off all day. :D (not that its far from the truth)

Chris LR
01-11-02, 08:24 PM
I've got 2 questions which prob won't affect your opinions but........

How easy is it to fit?
Doesn't magnetism F*ck around with your electrics?

wisewood
01-11-02, 08:52 PM
took me less than a minute to fit.
place magnetic thing onto fuel inlet pipe for carb or injectors and fasten a tie wrap around it. Thats all there is to it... could have done mine in 10 seconds had i not had to take airbox off my Clio to do it.

As for the electronics problem, it can affect the electrics but they say you should put it as close as possible tot he carb or injectors and not too close to electronics. Its not a massive powered magnet, just powerful enough for the job it does.

wisewood
04-11-02, 02:39 PM
Jus to let you know - after 5 days of it being fitted I have done 300 miles, and the fuel warning light in my clio has not yet come on, although it will do soon, and the warning light normally comes on at around 290.

So i got an extra 10 miles out of it so far, and i been battering the poor little thing to death this week to prove a point to the little green thing under the bonnet, but it seems to be working.

As of tonight when I fill up I will perform a proper test, runnign a week of normal driving and see if it gives me extra mileage.

Will keep you informed (maybe in a big ades garage way lol)