PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.5 inchs off the ground

J4TT
30-10-02, 09:57 PM
My nova has been lowered all round and the front bumper is only 1.5 inchs off the ground. The M.O.T is due shortly Does any one know if this will go through a mot e.g getting on rolling road etc and is there any mot regaltions about how low your car can be :roll:

carltoncrazy
30-10-02, 10:11 PM
my kit car less than that and it got thro,
guy sed as long as it can get on the ramps its fine,
but i dunno if this was jus 1 of the locals

jim sri
30-10-02, 10:25 PM
my nova lowered 60mmwith laguna splitter is v.low too-prob bout 1 or 2 inches from the ground,always scrapes ramps,bumps etc in ground-the ova day it dragged a bit of box/packaging along down a side street!but ive put that through a mot no probs too.

ade
30-10-02, 11:20 PM
you WONT get on!

I have lowered 1.2 with gsi front bumper and seat gte splitter and it scuffs of pebbles!

the ramps on mot test platforms are about 30' or soimething insane - I had to take mine off in the station - they jacked the car up and watch as I unscrewed it - then failed the car on rust under tie bars :x

Dead embarassing!

Mine was about 3" off the ground - you could just get 3 fag packets on their sides under it

Main prob is it you get it on you WONT get it off cos the mot ramps have little wheel stops on the backs (like metal bannisters) that as the wheel goes up and hits one the ramp flap flicks up - also stops the car rolling off the ramp when its up in miod air and the handbrake is off etc...

your splitter will catch these on the way off and if you rev it off you'll rip it off!

Ade
:(

Phil_G
30-10-02, 11:35 PM
hi

my m8 has ground level MOT ramps as does my local vaux dealer...

phil

mikeoxford
30-10-02, 11:54 PM
it is all dependant on the test station

our family has always used lex auto centers - and the one got my moms metro on fine and the other lex we went to last year - they couldnt get my moms STANDARD metro on the ramp!!!

thay had to pump the hydraulic suspension up on the car over the limit!!! and then let some fluid out again when it was off! - at their expense of course.

PS i always use elt brothers vauxhall - not lex - dont trust em!

J4TT
31-10-02, 09:40 AM
Are you talkin about elt brothers On the stockfield rd tysley??

N e ways Were about u from?????

RobIsGrt18
31-10-02, 01:54 PM
yep like everyone said u wont get it on unless u find a garage with a sunken ramp!! i had the same prob turned up for the mot cud'nt even get it up the the sharp concrete slope which leads to the ramp, haha v.embarassing !!

dan16v
31-10-02, 06:24 PM
my car is about 70mm lowered with laguna splitter no problem at all for the mot! the only thing that scrapped was the mud flaps

v1nce
03-11-02, 10:39 PM
with my -40mm SRi i had problems 3 test stations wouldnt touch it because their...

A) 2 stupid
B) 2 lazy
C) all of the above

2 work out u can reverse a car on2 ramps :roll:

think MOT is fun wait till u need ure tracking done

?Marty?
04-11-02, 11:24 PM
What you need, my son, is airbags/hydrolics.

locky
05-11-02, 12:17 PM
I can help with hydraulics 8)

?Marty?
05-11-02, 02:16 PM
I can supply you with a full airbag-kit, from ?600+.

Though i might get my car in maxi pooower (let's fight some crimes! :lol: ) first and then announce to the world (of neds) that i'm setting up my own business. Because i read a few car mags and now what offset is. Obviously.

Anonymous
05-11-02, 02:16 PM
yes all you have to do is reverse on

Ste_Nova
10-11-02, 12:25 PM
:roll: ur car has to go on a ramp for an mot??..... the guy who did mine just gave me a bit of paper for ?15....