PDA

View Full Version : 1993 - 1.2i SX Hatchback (Red) - £499

Jcb
15-10-08, 08:15 PM
RE-LISTED

EDIT: NOW TAKING OFFERS

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x225/jaf4636/P130508_183102.jpg

This is how it stands WITHOUT the black alloys due to needing a refurb, although they will go with it! Currently standard steelies on.

Just 2 weeks ago had a new distributor and cap, and an ignition amplifier. These parts alone cost over £100.

The body is fair. Touch ups here and there, rear arches are OK but need to be got on top of soon before the rust spreads. Boot floor is good, as is battery tray.

The interior is absolutely perfect. Clean with NO wear or cuts to any fabric.

MODIFICATIONS:

This car has -35mm Eibach springs over Apex shocks. This is a rare combination from what I have seen, as I've not seen another Nova to have Eibach springs and you cannot find them on Ebay of all places!!!

The car also has a one off set of side skirts, modelled from 2 sets of GSi skirts. The rear fin piece has been replaced so the side skirt carries on going straight. They look fantastic as they are geniuine parts, just slightly tinkered with.

The bumpers and body mouldings (Door handles, grab handle, wiper arms etc) have been sprayed black.

The car shows little under 60k on the original clocks, which were replaced with a digi-dash 3 months ago which read circa 70k. So 65k is a very safe guess at actual milage.

Also, central door locking and electric windows are fitted correctly, with all holes etc properly filled with grommets to protect the body.

Along with the set of alloys, the car will come with an OMP strut brace and De-Cat exhaust section which I never got round to fitting.

Not that it matters much, but it will come with a 4x50w headunit and 50w RMS 6x9s.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x225/jaf4636/P130508_183101-1.jpg

This would make an ideal car for conversion/track car, even with potential to be showcar with the right time spent on it. Or of course, just to drive away and use as it is.

Most people viewing this will know their stuff and know exactly what this kind of car is worth, so I honestly think £499 is cheap for a basic, solid Nova with the extras stated.

+ Original City Motors logbook with Drivers club cards, Vauxhall assitance cards etc and all the literature for manuals for the car...
"Drivers Manual"
"Security Systems"
"Vauxhall Assistance"
"Dealership Guide"
and an kept up inspection manual from 31.12.93 yearly until 5.10.05!
Interesting history for the car.

Located in Cumnor, Oxford, close to the A34.

NO swaps.

Has TAX until end of the month, it's about to have a FRESH MOT put on!

Ask away!

7ova
15-10-08, 09:41 PM
thought you had sold this mate?

Jcb
15-10-08, 10:12 PM
nah, no offence to the guy, he seemed honest enough, but he was talking about getting a plane down to luton airport from scotland and then train etc. the cost of travelling would have been nearly as much as the car. so i decided perhaps it'd be better to sell it someone a bit closer as it wants to be sold by end of the month because of tax!

jackbd
16-10-08, 09:11 AM
I know you want rid by the end of the month, but if you still have then, i'll defo have a look. I live in croydon (shh!) so it would take no time to get to you

Jcb
16-10-08, 06:32 PM
sure, i'll let you know if and when it's goes... and if not, it could be yours!

Jcb
17-10-08, 09:26 AM
Come on! I'll take offers!

mols1.2i
17-10-08, 10:59 AM
i offered m8 £400 and i will pick it up before end of month?

jackbd
21-10-08, 11:51 AM
was I dreaming this... or wasn't this car provisionally sold?? :wtf:

Jcb
21-10-08, 12:44 PM
well mols, if you can get down here before then, it's yours. but i just felt it's alot of a way to travel for a cheap car. Youll pay nearly that in costs getting down here. arrange a date to come and collect it, let me know, and it's yours as said!

however until then it is still up for sale!

Jcb
03-11-08, 01:08 PM
the pics have dissapeered in the ad so i'll get them back up, but this is still for sale and now has a brand new MOT on it. however it doesn't have tax, so that will be up to the buyer (i can get it if we agree on merging the cost in the car.)

turbojolt
03-11-08, 04:55 PM
would you deliver it mate

xe Dan
03-11-08, 05:05 PM
pics of archs and the other rust prone bits and an engine bay pic please cheers

Jcb
03-11-08, 07:35 PM
can't deliver it unfortunately, sorry.

ok i'll get pics. i forgot to say, OPEN TO OFFERS.

turbojolt
03-11-08, 08:15 PM
pm'ed again lol

Jcb
04-11-08, 01:50 AM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x225/jaf4636/P080408_133901.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x225/jaf4636/P080408_133902.jpg

It saddens me to look at a picture of it just last year, but i've need to move on to something newer, long journeys and carrying dogs/family aren't suited to this car as many of you will no doubt realise. Frankly it would be a waste anyhow.

But just to show what it can look like with a quick clean up, heres the pic...
(Before it was lowered etc)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x225/jaf4636/SNV30537.jpg

jackbd
05-11-08, 01:27 AM
sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, was waiting to find out what my cash situation was like, can you guess?

Sorry fella, rather not offend you with a bad offer!!

Jcb
11-11-08, 03:55 PM
Ok, well due to what seems like people losing interest, it IS still for sale, and I will take offers. Just to reiterate, it's just gone through it's MOT without adviseries. It will need TAX, but give me offers and i'll see what I can do to put some on!

Pash
15-11-08, 08:50 PM
Mine!

Nas71
16-11-08, 12:08 AM
If this is still available on the 5th december i'll snap it up mate.

turbojolt
16-11-08, 12:01 PM
is the car now sold as i have just got some new funding

Archie
16-11-08, 12:04 PM
Facny doing a deal for my mk3 astra ?

I'm seriously interested in this car, i'd buy it straight if i had the cash.

Pash
16-11-08, 03:00 PM
Once again.... MINE!
Picked it up last night, taxing it tomorrow, best £300 I've ever spent!!!!!

turbojolt
16-11-08, 04:44 PM
Once again.... MINE!
Picked it up last night, taxing it tomorrow, best £300 I've ever spent!!!!!

well how come jcb has not writen up that it has gone

Pash
16-11-08, 05:15 PM
I don't know why?
I did a bit of tinkering around with her today and one of the 1st jobs was to replace the old standard Vauxhall cassette player with a Kenwood head unit, I had lying in a cupboard after removing from the wife's Focus.

let_nova
16-11-08, 06:05 PM
i put a kenwood head unit in it today that i had lying around!

thats so kool!!! :thumb:

read (lol )

Pash
16-11-08, 06:26 PM
Today I also sorted out the elecy window switches (why Vauxhall ever had the great idea of putting them in thier cars upside down I'll never know???),
secured the instrument binnicle, replaced the blown dash illumination bulbs, replaced the broken parcel shelf dangly bits and disconected the 6x9's.
So if anyone wants a grey parcel shelf fitted with 2 Sony 6x9's (black with red cones) and lives close enough to come and collect then make me an offer!?!!

minimatty91
21-11-08, 02:52 PM
jus a question as really interested in your car is it still for sale mate ??:thumb:

Stoo
21-11-08, 03:16 PM
read the thread you absolute idiot

Jcb
21-11-08, 06:18 PM
ok sorry for not updating, I'm not often on here anymore.

THIS CAR IS NOW SOLD. THE V5 HAS BEEN POSTED TO THE DVLA SO I NO LONGER OWN IT.

Sounds good pash, doing all the little bits I never got round to doing. I'd reccomend keeping that original headunit as it was in perfect nick and they may well be rare. I remember reading someone wanted one to make their nova a concourse "out of the factory" style.

Anyway, hope all is going well. I've got every confidence it is as it's a great car.

Perhaps i'll check the forum even less now though, memories :(