PDA

View Full Version : rear numberplate recess HELP !!!!!

Ric 16v
30-10-02, 08:34 PM
just got my tailgate smoothed and now I have to recess the numberplate into the bumper, I'v heard u can buy a ready made recess from venom motorsport, any1 heard anything about about it as I'm not realy wanting to cut one out of a bumper coz it would have to get smoothed into the bumper which would mean more money at the bodyshop !!!! cheers

mikeoxford
30-10-02, 11:35 PM
surely if you buy this thing from venom you will have to modify your bumper to fit it anyway?

honnestly your best bet is to go the scrapyard, look for a smashed bumper - cheaper that way - can buy part of the broken bumper as apposed to a whole bumper :o ,
(i bet this thing from venom will cost......?)

grab the recess and lights out of it if you can

cut a SIMILAR shape hole in your nova bumper - place the recess BEHIND the nova bumper - so it cant be TOOOO deep as itll foul all the gubbins (boot - car pannel, spare wheel well even etc etc)

fix it using no more nails or similar bonding stuff, AND counter sunk screws or countersunk bolts even better, filler in the gaps between the nova bumper and the recess you just bolted on - and spray!

hope that aint no useless post!!! - thats how i did one anyway

cost me ?20 to have the bumper filler primered, sprayed and also have some parts meshed for me too :D

?Marty?
31-10-02, 01:18 AM
You can get a bumper recess from QuadConversions too. Though it's ?45 or so.

carltoncrazy
03-11-02, 12:24 AM
looks takcy but u culd either,
put plate on inside of window,
get the dodgy stickers and stick ya plate onto ya bumper
how cheap

Ric 16v
03-11-02, 04:14 PM
I'm doing the recess myself now and it is pretty easy to do :D :D :D !!!!! gonna be using quite alot of fiberglass and filler !!!! just need to find some lights for it now, think ill get them from an mk2 golf tailgate !!!!