PDA

View Full Version : This mite sound stupid

J4TT
30-10-02, 06:13 PM
Hi allll

I was thinking If i had a flushgate tail how would i open my boot were is the boot opening button????

Because my car is already de locked except the boot and if my battery was flat the only way i could get in is through the boot but if that is delocked due to the flush gate i cant get and my central locking doesnt open/close the boot. So bascally i couldnt get in my car unless i broke a window so can some 1 tell me how it would be done?
:? :? :?

wisewood
30-10-02, 06:21 PM
You could always carry a piece of wore/cord around with you and pop the locks through the side of the door... done that a few times on mine.

ade
30-10-02, 10:51 PM
keep a spare battery concealed on yer person for yer key fob. If the main battery goes dead, run some descrete extensions from the leads to 2 points outside yer bonnet so you can jump start it wirhout popping yer bonnet (aragorn gave me this idea cos he couldnt open his bonnet on his dads van!)

Or flush the gait but dont remove the lock - or flush the lock into the tailgate and conceal it behgind a cleverly discuised flip up vauxhall badge like what the seat ibiza has - v nice

Ade
:wink:

Aragorn
30-10-02, 11:25 PM
cant open the bonnet on mine either without getting a large metal pole outta the boot and doing some prizing at the release spring :)

and a good idea would be to add remote extentions to both the battery positive terminal and the trigger for the central locking to somwhere under the engine bay thats reasonably easily accessible from under the car

that way if u get a flat battery u attach a jump lead to the engine block and a jump lead to your extended terminal and run em to another vehicle then hit the remote trigger and pop goes yer doors :)

J4TT
31-10-02, 09:44 AM
That all sounds :? 2 me (il probley get angry and smash a window) I think i best stick 2 ma standard tail gate :(

ade
31-10-02, 05:32 PM
why not flush it and just keep the grab handle - just smooth it and colour code it with the tailgate.

Or spray it a different colour along with the spoiler (if you have one) to make a feature of it.

?Marty?
31-10-02, 10:53 PM
Get a spare quarter-light glass from scrappy and keep it at home. if need be, just smash it to get in. It's a piece of piss to replace too. Though it's the problem of what to do with the car before you can replace it/sort the problem of whatever locked you out in the first place.

J4TT
31-10-02, 11:13 PM
Thanks all!!!!!!!! 4 da advice

But iv decided to sell the car

So theres gonna b no flush gate tail cause theres gonna be no car :cry: :cry:

Its in Cars for sale

d0gz_bollox
31-10-02, 11:16 PM
was it that stressfull a choice?

Jim
01-11-02, 02:10 PM
:o

LOL lads, we put too much pressure on the new member...looks what you've done, :lol:

Jim