PDA

View Full Version : installing buckets....

Anonymous
09-11-00, 04:28 PM
Please help me!
How easy is it to install cobra racing seats into my Mk1 Nova 1.2L? And how long will it take, I know Halfords sell the seats they should be able to fit them as well is that right?!
Please let me know, and thanx in advance.
Cris.

Anonymous
09-11-00, 06:48 PM
halfords will fit 'em for ?20

chris

Anonymous
10-11-00, 09:29 PM
piece of piss if you've got the afermarket subframes for the seats (the cobra ones) its just a case of 4 nuts holding 2 brackets on the front and a clip on the side rear of the seats(a metal thing to stop the seats comming off the runners at the sides-use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out)remove that clip and the brakets at the front and tilt the seat back and use the forward/back lever and slide it off the back
do oposite to put the new ones on

has anyone mated cobra seats to the standard subfames cos on the cobra seats i can't see a place to attach them to any sort of subframes(the ones i did ages ago had them on already and i didn't look
doh:-)

gaz

Anonymous
piece of piss if you've got the afermarket subframes for the seats (the cobra ones) its just a case of 4 nuts holding 2 brackets on the front and a clip on the side rear of the seats(a metal thing to stop the seats comming off the runners at the sides-use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out)remove that clip and the brakets at the front and tilt the seat back and use the forward/back lever and slide it off the back

has anyone mated cobra seats to the standard subfames cos on the cobra seats i can't see a place to attach them to any sort of subframes(the ones i did ages ago had them on already and i didn't look

gaz

Anonymous

gaz