PDA

View Full Version : gte performance upgrades

ash anderson
14-10-08, 04:36 PM
i have 1.6 gte nova,
and some spare cash i would like to go down the bike carb route ETC or something of the sort, i would like about 150bhp outta my engine , i dont want to go down the route of a valver or let how can i do this.
i have about agrand to spend

Leeboo
14-10-08, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure you will achieve 150 bhp for £1000, but you still have good scope.

Consider:

twin 40's.
A high lift cam - 285 deg, more?.
4 branch manifold, and de cat system.

If you search for the right prices, you might get all that for about £500-£600. That would probably see around 120-125 bhp?

Theres loads of other things which you could then look into such as modified heads etc, someone with more knowledge will explain!!

Andy
14-10-08, 06:47 PM
Turbo conversion!!

MC
14-10-08, 06:52 PM
For 150bhp, you'll need to have the head worked with larger valves, a decent camshaft with upto 300deg duration, increased compression, manifold and system, and either twin carbs or mappable management.

If you are really good with sourcing second hand parts and building yourself, you can possibly do it for £1k.

MC

ash anderson
14-10-08, 08:51 PM
id consider the turbo route. but its money ive lookd in to it before i think it would cost me more than i have wouldnt it?
i wouldnt mind throttle nodies but there going to cost me loads i would be happy with 130bhp i spose!
just me being greedy i would like it more powerfull bottom end

ash anderson
14-10-08, 09:00 PM
just a quick update ive found some r1 carbs my mate has for sale which i forgot to put in original post what would i need to run them on my engine as i can get these for next to nothing