PDA

View Full Version : someone value my car!

bob
30-10-02, 12:07 PM
Im thinking of getting rid of my car,mainly due to wanting an SRi,so I get an induction roar with minimum insurance-plus my mates selling one cheap! Im looking at taking ICE,gearknob and alloys out of my car,and fitting a corsa SXi head unit, gsi 3 spokes and an alloy ct racing gearknob(my old knob) Im gonna get it a years MoT,and a years tax, Id hope to bag ?950 for it like this,its in the gallery as :- http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=286 I need ur opinions peeps,I aint trying to sell it off this post,just trying to find out what you think is sensible for a car like this

jim sri
30-10-02, 12:28 PM
keep the car mate!it looks nice n tidy-already got the sri interior etc.its got the brakes&suspension to handle the 14 sri lump-so why not convert it yourself!?im guna stick a gsi lump into my 14 sr soon cos i figured that if i sold the car as it was id never get what its worth-even with all the alloys/extra mods etc,plus bits like alloys,suspension,brakes etc would have to be swapped over to the new car neway!
its a bit of work to convert it,but with a mate helping itl take no time! :wink:

carltoncrazy
30-10-02, 03:34 PM
if in da small adds
put 1200
ur get 1100 4 it easy

wisewood
30-10-02, 03:43 PM
I would keep it and do an engine swap myself mate if I were you.

That is a nice car, no point selling htat to end up with something that looks very similar. Might as well just swap the engine for the engine you want - if you can find one. :D

I am noticing a trend lately that everyone asks for advice abotu keeping or getting rid of a car, and even if they intend to swap to another nova, we always say keep the one you have... Just a thought.

Matt Finary
30-10-02, 04:40 PM
Keep it and just drop in the SRI lump. Your car look sweet!

Matt :D

rob.slader
30-10-02, 06:28 PM
I would stick with what you know is good, you'd be kicking yourself if you sold a good reliable car only to get an un-reliable one thats costing you a packet. Yours looks mint so be careful what you decide. If you want serious induction roar, spend some cash and convert the 1400 lump you have to run on twin 40's. You won't be dissapointed!

bob
30-10-02, 06:45 PM
alrite I didnt wanna mention this as I didnt want to devalue the car, but I feel I shud explain. Since I have had the car,I have had that many problems with it, I find myself letting everyone know where Im going and how long I expect to be in case something goes wrong again,it spends more time on my drive or the roadside than my f-reg 1200 did! when its running,it will be fine for a few days,and I will go and blow sum money on styling stuff or ice or CDs for cruising,and then something will screw up on it,I have lost all faith in it :cry: I think it looks sweet,I cant fault that, but it hurts me so much cos I put so much into it financially,physically and mentally,and i get nothing from it!

rob.slader
30-10-02, 06:52 PM
Ahh ok, perhaps I spoke too soon!! It might be a good idea to put some money into dorting the running problems, if the rest of the car is sound it is still worth keeping. Get a garage to go over it with a fine tooth combe, or ask in the technical forum on here, give the symptoms and people always have answers. Everyone on here is really helpful.

ade
30-10-02, 11:03 PM
if yer probs are engine related keep it and change the engine - that will fix that problem.

If the probs are electrical (new cd head probs etc) spend the extra cash and get them done professionally - or just make sure you disconnect the battery 1st before fitting and check all earth leads.

If its brakes - / steering get it done professionally and ensure that whatever is done is covered by some kind of guarantee (I;ve discovered that my local Arnold clarke will guarantee all engine/major work for 12 months or 24k!) - I also get 10% discount!
:D

Nice car - change the engine - you know you want to :twisted:

mikeoxford
31-10-02, 12:07 AM
dont do it you WILL regret it

engine conversion all the way

bob
31-10-02, 09:29 AM
its had a new lump in,its had a brand new dizzy,its had all the lil things like plugs etc new,its had new coil and ignition parts,its had more or less everything I can buy for the engine new,bar a reconned carb,it is regularly serviced etc-I just cannot seem to escape problems,once Ive got it running again,I will see how it does,if anything major goes wrong,I will need to part company with it I think :cry:

ade
31-10-02, 05:34 PM
wot up with it now?

whys it off the road?

bob
31-10-02, 09:15 PM
it wont start,basically,well it has done twice in the last 2 weeks or trying to sort it,the coils ok,leads are ok,the ignition modules fine, the dizzy is fine,but its not striking up for some reason :s its losing sparks somewhere I think

mikeoxford
31-10-02, 11:38 PM
check your igntition switch

caused me all kinds of grief on my old nova merit - that was the last thing i checked to :evil: