PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

marc novataken
13-10-08, 09:09 PM
i bought a fiesta a couple weeks ago just as a runaround for £100. it had a cracked front bumper and the radiator was bent but woman told me this was nothing to worry about. then yesterday i got a letter from the dvla saying the car is a write off due to accident damage and not legal on the road. so i suspended my insurance and my premium will now be loaded up as they have put it on record that i wrote it off! cant get hold of the woman who sold me the car she wont answer her door or phone am just wondering what can i do?

L14MNP
13-10-08, 09:15 PM
Baaaad position to be in! That's why you data check mate. I can appreciate you not doing it on a 100 quid runaround though.
Do you have any pictures of it before you bought it showing the damage?

May have to chalk this one up to experience and exact some well deserved revenge on an item of hers IMO.

marc novataken
13-10-08, 09:19 PM
not got any pics of it at all. gonna take bumper off and have a look underneath though see what damage there is. what should i do? thay want me to do a vic check and see if damage has been fixed but cant afford it. im thinkin just scrap it?

Pistol Pete
13-10-08, 09:19 PM
Ooooh, not good. As Liam said, data check FTW. I'm not surprised she doesnt answer the phone/door TBH. She knew full well she was stitching you up. Think you will just have to learn from this and be on the lookout when buying future cars.

L14MNP
13-10-08, 09:21 PM
Is it a Cat D or C? If it's a D you can re-apply for the logbook with no VIC test needed mate.
You need to find out what category the damage is.
Surely can't be that heavy from what you posted and not too hard to fix.

If you did scrap it I guess you would get back what you gave for it or more, dependent on scrap prices in your area.

marc novataken
13-10-08, 09:21 PM
definitely will check next one. just didnt bother with this one cos i only planned on having it for a few weeks

Pistol Pete
13-10-08, 09:25 PM
Get some pics up of the damage. From what you say, doesnt sound that bad TBH.

marc novataken
13-10-08, 09:27 PM
only damage i can see is crack in bumper and small dent in the bonnet. also the radiator is a bit bent. ill get pics tomorrow

marc novataken
13-10-08, 09:41 PM
If you did scrap it I guess you would get back what you gave for it or more, dependent on scrap prices in your area.
na would get barely anything, scrapped a micra the other day for £32 and £20b for cat