PDA

View Full Version : how do i get the origional bumper of

farrie boy
30-10-02, 11:42 AM
now i know how to attatch the front kit how the hell do i get the standard front bumper off.

Matt Finary
30-10-02, 03:47 PM
Quote from haynes -
working under the front wheel arches, undo the two bolts each side securing the bumper bracket to the chassis member, and the bolt each side securing the bumper to the front wing.
On hatchback and later saloon model, unscrew the three screws securing the integral grille to the body panel.
Carefully withdraw the bumper assembly from the car.

If it's a mark 2 then

The radiator grille has to come off

two bolts are used to secure the bumper to each front wing and there are body-bound rivets on the underside of the bumper that must be removed

Matt :D

ade
30-10-02, 10:34 PM
(for mk2 nova - mine was a 1.2 fitted gsi bumpers)

To get the back bumpers off, theres 2 nuts in the boot - undo them. Then undo the 2 bolts either side of the rear arch where the bumper edge meets the wheel edge (10mm I think) - disconnect the number plate light (pops out on a clip)then pull!

As for the front, you need to 1st remove the grill from the bumper (4 pegs at the top on the slam panel (bit that bonnet clips into), unclip, unclip under head lights then remove. U then need to remove the screws/clips (if any) that hols the edges of the bumper to the wings, then u need to remove any screws/clips from under the front (where a splitter would go), then u need to remove the 2 10mm screws from inside the wheel well where the bumper is secured from ithe inside, then remove the 2 13mm (I think) bolts that hold the carriage bars to the chassis (they are also in the wheel arches at the front of the car). Then pull but make sure you prise the sides past the wing edges.

To remove the bumper from the carriage simply use a flat headed screw driver to prise the square clips gently past the metal hole. fitting is reversal of removal - to quote haynes