PDA

View Full Version : o2 Mobile Users

RobIsGrt18
30-10-02, 11:01 AM
If you have a o2 mobile on contract then have you seen the new "bolt on" deals there doing with regards to txt'ing?? There pretty awesome, u can pay ?16 a month on to your bill and recive 400 msg's :) iv just got 800 msg's for ?32 saving me ?48 !! quite a life saver, just thought it might be useful to know :)

wisewood
30-10-02, 12:17 PM
I think they should offer the service on Pay&Go too - so you can buy credits for txt only thats cheaper than buying normal credit - so you can have no callign credit, but still have credit for text. Would be good... But i am not on o2 anymore - so i don't really care. lol.

Hoping to be soon though.
They seem to be doing the best deals at the moment.

jim sri
30-10-02, 12:22 PM
im on one of them o2 'genie' sim cards,pay as you go, but get 300 free messages a month!
nice.
but they stopped making em little while ago-prob losing money on em! :lol:

wisewood
30-10-02, 12:30 PM
No mate they still do them on o2.

It wasn't a case of BT Cellnet changing their name to o2... it was Genie who bought out Cellnet and took over as O2 rather than keeping the name genie... if you look in the pay as you go section of the O2 website (o2.co.uk) you will find they still do the same deals. :D

ade
30-10-02, 10:45 PM
ITS ALL PISH!!!

But then I'm biassed and work for T-Mobile! :D

We currently do "bolt ons" - in fact we invented them!
SMS bundles - all companies are doing them -
ours start from ?3.50 for 50 sms's, ?6 for 100 and ?10 for 200 and you can have as many as you like! A ?10 sms effectively costs you 5p a message (we have the cheapest sms's of all networks!)

You can also get price plans with build in free sms and wap allowance - again you can add to these.

And most of our time plans give you free minutes across all networks.

Mobile phones are so cut and thrust on trying to get customers to stay thy'll throw anyting at you nowadays!

Just you wait till the 3G stuff comes out! Seen some stuff recently fooking freaky - download full length feature films onto yer phone and pay for it through yer credit card thats plugged into the back of phone - imaging losing that or getting it nicked!

:o

mikeoxford
31-10-02, 12:05 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

@ ades sales pitch

wisewood
31-10-02, 01:01 AM
LMFAO @ ade - you on commision or what? :D

Hearn
31-10-02, 12:14 PM
Ha ha, well I have the most valuable SIM! Iused to work for Genie (then we all got booted out when they changed to o2) and I have one of the original prepay genie SIM's with unlimited, yes thats right unlimited free SMS and wap :lol:

Also, you are required to top up each month to maintain the free service - I havent topped upsince August - it just keeps going and going.......... Woo hoo! :D

wisewood
31-10-02, 01:08 PM
I used to have one of them sim cards from Genie... it was fantastic... but unfortunately I lost it :O(

RobIsGrt18
31-10-02, 01:46 PM
haha yeh i see what ya saying ade, but......with this bolt on thing from o2 if u go for 800 messages it works out at around 4p a txt :)

and yeh...the old genie sims are the best !!! my m8 still has one with the unlimited txt's

ade
31-10-02, 05:37 PM
:(

I concede defeat

:(

not on commission - wish I was - I'd be living inthe bahamas by now!

:D

Dicko
02-11-02, 01:17 AM
a female m8 of mine (micky knows her....nadine) still has a genie sim and sends on average 800+ messages a month, for ?12 a month, including the loan of the nokia fione she got. takes the pee if ask me, lol

i think shes been known to send over 1200 messages a month, and she can write a massive essay in a txt in seconds, flippin amazing ;)

Mr_Moo
02-11-02, 05:45 PM
I used to have one of them sim cards from Genie... it was fantastic... but unfortunately I lost it :O(

I got one of em free on the student limited edition thang!

Im on T-Mobile....still aint got round to unblocking phone to o2!

My contract bill is shockin the amount i spend on txts!

Fester
03-11-02, 08:10 PM
3G will be shit when it first comes out, there isnt enough transmitters too keep the cells small enough yet and the data transfer rates are peaky as fuck unless you are stood still

the only way they are going to make 3G a viable solution is to integrate it with other things i.e. have a docking station in your car so 3G handset acts like a sat nav system. just one of the many ideas

lets face it, 2 and 2.5G give me all the features I need. The 'be arsed factor' is way too high to pay for stuff when u can get it free through the net

On the other hand there is the view of social pressure like once a mate gets a 3G handset (I think ?700 is the cheapest they can make them at at the moment, will have to get money back from the bills) then you force yourself into believing that you NEED one.

paying for data sent and recieved is a good idea as opposed to fixed rates, you use you pay you dont you dont

could go on for ages! come on ade why should I spend my money on 3G, sell it to me!

ade
03-11-02, 10:46 PM
festers right - its like wap - 3g will be pish for a year or so however it wont be down to the network coz most of us are already building 3G networks onto the back of the existing structure - its just a "small" addition to the transmitter to make it all work...

so they say...

Mr Moo - get some text bundles man and change to a plan that aint costing yer so much!!!

:roll:

Mr_Moo
04-11-02, 12:27 AM
Im on the ALL IN ONE contract.

Enuff said

/me waits 4 flamin from Ade :)

Davo
05-11-02, 04:01 PM
he he he i got unlimited texts nice :lol: