PDA

View Full Version : fitting the bodykit

farrie boy
29-10-02, 07:28 PM
I have just bought a second hand abyys front body kit bumper in replacement to one i had. It has got the standard two screws for fitting at the front but nothing on the sides as they think they got lost how do i secure the sides of the bumper to the car is glueing best if so what type of glue should i use, or should i drill it and screw it. For my Abyys side skirts which i also bought second hand(what a cheapskate) what is the best way to secure these without the origional fittings.

Jim
30-10-02, 10:52 AM
The standard bumpers are screwed in from the sides within the wheel arch. What I would recommend is that you get your standard bumper and on the sides there should be some wedges of plastic that the screws go into through the wing. Take these plastic wedges and cut them away from your standard bumper and position and fix them to the Abyss bumper. I'm not familiar with the Abyss bumper, so I don't know if this would be possible. I would advise glueing the bumper on as this will cause problems in the future. The glue might not hold, if it's not glued well it could look a mess.

As for the Abyss side skirts. From what I can tell the bodyshop that fitted mine drilled holes into the skirts and through the lip on the side of the car and atached them this way. They then filled over the holes with filler, then sprayed them up. It's not the best job I've seen, but it's not the worse either. The Skirts have been on my car for nearly 2 years now and they are still firmly in place :)

Good Luck

Jim