PDA

View Full Version : 16v fuel pump? query..... wiring?

Chris
29-10-02, 07:21 PM
i am converting 1.6 gte to 2.0 16v.
on the 1.6 when you turned the key to position II you heard the fuel pump spin up for 2 secs and prime the injection system and build up pressure. the valver is in but when the key is turned on the fuel pump doesn't spin up. should it? the car wont run... it has got a spark, and when it is turning over it has got some fuel there. is am wondering if i have got the wiring right. i have got three wires left over..
i have heard that two are for vauxhall diagnostics and one is for the ecu fault warning light. can anyone tell me the wiring they did for each colour and what to?
please help i need to be on the road fast.....
cheers

Voodoo
30-10-02, 01:25 PM
Well, if it's worth anything, my valver only activates the pump when you crank the starter and not on position 2. As for the wiring, the pump wire is red/blue (if i remember correctly), and you just connect it to the same colour on the nova loom.
Stupid question: Do you have the fuel pipes connected the right way arround? Worth checking...

Chris
31-10-02, 10:37 PM
it was the fuel pipes mate. they were the wrong way round.
the beast is running on 16 valves. and she has never felt better.
a big-up to everyone on novaload.net they have helped me a long way through. and now the fun begins.......
2nd november.......cadwell park.........look for a yellow nova making a lot of noise.................that's me.
thanx again