PDA

View Full Version : Heater problems!

A.B
29-10-02, 01:32 PM
:roll:

Hi,

I have a problem with my heater / blower, even though the car is up to temperature and the dial is set to hot the air coming out is luke warm.
If the air is directed to the front window it is warm, but if I direct it towards the driver/passenger it comes out cold!!!!

I am new to Nova owership, is this just how they are, or is there a problem???
Any help would be appreciated.

MattyWoo
29-10-02, 02:10 PM
Thats how they were designed im afraid mate.
I think if you have vents at the side of the dash that comes out warm, but the ones at the front near the controls are cold

Nova-Flair
30-10-02, 09:50 PM
its annoying tho would be nice having hot air coming from the centre as well.

ade
30-10-02, 10:16 PM
if yer cars a mk2 (centre console has 3 round dials, heater direction, heater speed and temperature dial) then the centre vents come out cold but the side vents should come out warm/hot the same as the floor vents and the windscreen vents.

I leave mine on windscreen coz it mists up if I dont. :roll:

If the side vents are coming out luke warm or cold, it could be the tube connecting the side vent to the matrix has come unclipped - mine did this and I hardly got any air out of it and it was cooler than normal. Wack it on full blast (number 3) and see if you get the same air flow out of both sides. If one is stronger than the other then check the hoses - the drivers one runs under the steering column (you can see it if u look under the dash in the footwell - its rectangular and black) - it clips to the centre console on the left of the column - it also clips to the side vent (which slots into it). The passenger one is (I think) behind the glove box. Your heater matrix could be on the way out if its only luke warm all round - or the dial for the temperature isnt working properly.

It'll also take yer car about 10 mins to warm up (about how long mine takes anyway!)

Ade

mikeoxford
30-10-02, 11:44 PM
The passenger one is (I think) behind the glove box.

it travels UNDER a mk2 glovebox - dont know about mk1s

It'll also take yer car about 10 mins to warm up (about how long mine takes anyway!)

Ade

ennit - my heated seats warm my ass before my car even registers on the temperature guage! IF YOU ENT GOT EM DO IT - thay are so nice now its gettin cold - and theyre not at ALL that challenging!!!!

rysmee
31-10-02, 11:47 AM
make sure your waters full up!!

ade
31-10-02, 05:00 PM
Mikes right - the passenger air vent pipe runs under the glove box -= you can feel it (I noticed it as I was fitting my fog light today and was crawling about uinder my dash)

Cheers Mike for diagram!

Ade
:wink: