PDA

View Full Version : How do I fit it!?!?!?

novanotts
28-10-02, 10:22 PM
I've invested in a Kingdom front bumper, the same bumper dat is on the front of Matt Miller's Nova (As seen in fast car few mths ago) Problem is i duno ow i is gona fit it. cnt really drill it cus its fibreglass and wud shatter. Ne suggestion wud be appreciated.

cheers,

matt.

?Marty?
29-10-02, 01:05 AM
silkaflex.

Jim
30-10-02, 11:03 AM
I'm sure you can drill Fibreglass...I think if you use the same principle of that when you stick a pin through a balloon...If you put a piece of selotape over the balloon and then stick the pin through the selotape, the balloon doesn't burst, but releases air through the pin hole you just created.

Can you use a smiliar method with fibreglass? If you surround the area with tape or something to stop as much vibration as possible, it should be alright. Also, if you do attempt this, use the smallest drill bit possible to create a pilot hole and then use a slighlty bigger drill bit, and so on, until you have the correct size whole.

I am only guessing that this might work. If it doesn't work, I am in no way being held responsible...I'm just trying to give out an idea as to how you might be able to fix the bumper other than glueing it.

Perhaps try taking it to a bodyshop and see what they would do.

Jim

djp_y2k
30-10-02, 02:31 PM
most simple thing to do is phone kingdom developments.

Tell him you want to buy one of his bumpers, but you r dont know how to fit. He should hopefully help you out.

ade
30-10-02, 10:29 PM
Marty - whats silkaflex and where u get it from - is it like felxi acrylic mastik?

?Marty?
31-10-02, 01:09 AM
It's what bodyshops use to bond side-skirts and etc to cars. It's fuckin' great stuff, coz it can be used to smooth over gaps too, much in the same way as filler, but when it's set it retains a certain ammount of elasticity! Hence silkaFLEX! (can't remember if it's silkaflex or sikaflex :roll: )

It comes in different grades i.e. 221.... 226, 227,228. I've been told that 227 is THE stuff to use, though some say that there's not much difference between them.

ade
31-10-02, 05:58 PM
cheers m8!
:D :wink:

novanotts
31-10-02, 07:10 PM
cheers lads.

brian
31-10-02, 07:44 PM
ya can drill fibreglass alright. when screwing on the bumper use the biggest washer that suits the self tapper to evenly spread the pressure. or better again use a small nut and bolt with washers. i have poprivoted fibreglass arches etc too in the past and once a big head rivot is used i never had a problem.

?Marty?
31-10-02, 11:10 PM
Yeah, you can use bolts with washers too - measure up where they need to fix, and just fiberglass them to the bumper.

Then just bolt it on!

You don't want to drill the bumper to fit it, tha'll just look wank.