PDA

View Full Version : best bonnet scoop??

TUBZGSXR
28-10-02, 06:51 PM
ok guys wot are ur favourite bonnet scoops?? cause i want a unique one for my nove, it will look lke ian storey's, but the wheels wil be gold, and the car itself will be black, but i dont want the Nissan one that ian has cause i want it to be a little different!!

Nova-Flair
28-10-02, 10:54 PM
louvres are my personal fav. not so much of a vent but dont look stuck on. look like they r meant to be on the car

?Marty?
29-10-02, 01:10 AM
Louvres are cool, but it depends what look you're going for. They aren't exactly in yer face, rather subtle though. It might be cool to combine them with a vent too.

It's best if you cut sections in the bonnet, raise or lower them, and then re-weld the sides or front/back. Easy to do, not done before (yet) and will NEVER crack.

OR

Get three or four Monteray vents. Fit them on the bonnet, going from front to back, stacking them so they over-lap. Blend it all in with fiberglass and filler. Voila! Something not seen before. (and possibly a pile of excrement. aspecially if not done right.)

Matt Finary
29-10-02, 10:06 AM
Most scoops have been done so many time before, so I would say mod a scoop to look different(Like my puslar one) or make your only design.

Matt :D

bob
30-10-02, 09:19 AM
Im working on a new bonnet,thats housing old shape scooby turbo vents,notice I say vents not scoop??? theyre the ones from the front of the bonnt,should be kewl whel finished,and you can mod the vents too!-mesh em like I am or something-best bit is the crease in the nova bonnet is almost identical to the one in the vents,so u can get em central fairly easy!

Jim
30-10-02, 10:40 AM
If you wanted something individual, perhaps you shouldn't have told us what you plan to do... :roll:

Jim

djp_y2k
30-10-02, 02:34 PM
Get ideas from the americans and jap lads.

always new vents popping up at there shows

Matt Finary
30-10-02, 03:58 PM
Try phoning around body kit makers and ask if they have any new scoops out or in the pipe line(You might be the first to get one).

I never seen a Ford Maverick Turbo Scoop on another car! Idea.

A mate of mine has ask me to make him a Bull nose scoop.

Matt :D

mikeoxford
30-10-02, 11:39 PM
BUGGER - bob i h8 you - i have a driver side one that i "borrowed" from a written off scooby that was abandoned on the way to wales - the passenger one was MELTED after the front end had been on fire :o

lol and i thought i had a good idea then too - where did you source your vents from??

c h r i s
17-11-02, 03:08 PM
DONT BOTHER WITH A SCOOP- EVERY ONE HAS ONE SO YOURS WILL BE DIFFERENT WITHOUT ONE! NICE AND SMOOTH ASWELL!

tom_beverley
25-11-02, 02:18 PM
get evo 6 vent as that looks mint, looks best cut n smoothed in tho!

Anton
25-11-02, 05:14 PM
Go for a couple of GSi astra, looks nice and subtle, not too over the top.