PDA

View Full Version : Replacement white headlight bulbs?

Mr Dan
28-10-02, 05:18 PM
I was thinking of changing my headlight bulbs for some of the ice white ones you can get. Just wondered if anyone has done this and can tell me which ones they got and if you have to get a certain power rating or anything like that.
Cheers

8)

Anton
29-10-02, 09:32 PM
I have some clear blue ones which also shine green blue red and other colours, they were 3 quid from ebay, and just a str8 swop for the originals.

mikeoxford
29-10-02, 11:08 PM
is it me or are my lights shite?

now its gettin darker it seems as though my lights are crap i always think that it ent worth having them on! which on partially lit streets sometime it ent.

is it just because i dont drive in the dark all that much and arent used to it or are the lights shite? - its a mk2 new shape J reg SR

so i need new haolgen bulbs?

?Marty?
30-10-02, 02:00 AM
soz ant but yer lights r illegal.

Anton
30-10-02, 07:06 AM
Are they?! They are bloody bright, but I havent had any problems with the law yet :roll: Why does everything good have to be illegal!?

ade
30-10-02, 10:25 PM
Ant - yours sound like xenon ones to me - those ones that glint and catch yer eye that most modern cars have now. Al long as they arend purple or red but are white but glint you should be ok (I say a nova with green dipped lights the other day! whats that sll about??? :? )

I got a set of ice white ones from halfords last year - their brilliance set - ?9.99 for 2 (I think) theyre really good - v bright. I tried theyr weather ones - good for fog but theyre yellowish and not really effective.

This is gonna sound really stoopid but if yer lights are dim - try cleaning the glass - I do lots of m/way driving and after a good 25miles in spray the light efficienty is almost halved!

wipe em off everytime you set off and you'll soon notice the difference!

ade

mikeoxford
30-10-02, 11:31 PM
so just short of spending a grand (1k) on HID (high intesisty dishcarge) lights - what shall i do then - buy the best set of bulbs i can for a tenner?

i too would like a kinda blue / ice white look, and be able to see :o :o from my car!!!

soooo next question - what bulbs does anyone recommend?

your good old halfords specials were they ade?

im after a nice ice white / blue, but really want it to give maximum light, and for a tenner preferably! - am i askin tooooo much!? :oops:

?Marty?
31-10-02, 01:15 AM
Get a four (or six) spotlight pod on the front of the bonnet. :lol:

ade
31-10-02, 06:06 PM
lol marty!

Yeah mine came from halfords - lasted 12 months so far and no dimming.

:D

you can get briliance white 30% brighter or ice white (have a washed out blue tinge to them - I dont tlike them though) - or the all weather ones (have a yellowish tint to them).

I use the 30% brighter ones - v good.

I "think" theyre ?9.99 for 2 - or it "could " be ?9.99 each. Cant remember...

Ade

Anton
31-10-02, 07:40 PM
Mine were only a couple of quid (new) from ebay the internet auction :D

?Marty?
31-10-02, 11:14 PM
Ade - ?9.99 each mate.

I just use candles.