PDA

View Full Version : the cheek...

chimp007_uk
09-10-08, 06:28 PM
Its my birthday today... :D and i had to take cakes to work... :wtf: :confused:

Whats that about?!?

Lee
09-10-08, 06:29 PM
I used to have to do that. Its a cool rule though. You only have to buy cakes once, but will get cake on everyones birthday throughout the year :)

BIGS
09-10-08, 06:30 PM
oh how did i miss that, i must be slacking lol

Happy birthday bud :thumb:

chimp007_uk
09-10-08, 06:32 PM
Cheers :)

Lee, you'd think that would be the case, but the wiser experince head doesn't mention his birthday...

This padawan has much to learn

Spudly
09-10-08, 06:34 PM
We have that at my work, i managed to book my birthday off well before i knew of this and everyone had a go because i "sneaked out" from getting the cakes wtf lol

Riggy
09-10-08, 06:36 PM
lol we used to have to do that in school , take loads of lollies in FTW.

Lee
We have that at my work, i managed to book my birthday off well before i knew of this and everyone had a go because i "sneaked out" from getting the cakes wtf lol

Unfortunately where I worked, the accountant would breach the data protection act and remind us to bring cakes before the day lol.

If we were off, we had to bring them first day back. If we refused to bring them, we were banned from eating anyone elses cake.

None of us were prepared to take the risk lol

chimp007_uk
Well i had yesterday off to go to cardiff to have needles stuck in my shoulder and lots of xrays and mri scans... Shame i didnt think to have it today :(

Jack
09-10-08, 06:51 PM
I had cake today for someones birthday, yum

Adam
09-10-08, 06:53 PM
Lmao, everyone does that at my place, on their birthday they bring OTHER people things in lol
Im not mentioning when its my birthday

burgo
10-10-08, 12:47 AM
its always been that you take the cakes in. altho its used to be doughnuts at my old place

Pistol Pete
10-10-08, 10:39 AM
Yeah at work when it was someones birthday, they had to take doughnuts in! But strict rules means this doesnt happen anymore! I was always alright as my birthday was during shutdown!!

Jack
10-10-08, 10:59 AM
lmfao @ people getting their knickers in a twist about spending a few quid on some cakes once a year lol tightwads!

If I remember rightly, the MOD banned birthday cake doings a few years back, but that was given a severe ignoring by ALL staff lmfao

Lauren
10-10-08, 11:11 AM
We do the same thing where I work - if everyone chipped in for cakes on everyone elses birthday it would cost a lot more.

Happy birthday by the way!

craig green
10-10-08, 11:20 AM
I've gotten out of buying cakes for our office for the last 3 years. I always book the day off & say nothing about it.

Greggs is the nearest cake shop & they are pants IMO. Where I used to work, there was a pukka bakery in the same street & as we all used to frequent it every break time, you could go in say you needed 30 odd cakes for the birthday shout & we'd get them for a bout a tenner.

Shaun_O'Donnell
10-10-08, 11:37 AM
Every other day someone brings cakes or doughnuts in, the place is that depressing during these quiet times that we all need something to cheer us up. Sadly, the weekly stripper idea didn't go down to well with the boss, so it'll just have to be cakes for the time being.

But yeah, always cakes brought in by the birthday boy or girl...

Happy Birthday (for yesterday) BTW...

Southie
10-10-08, 11:48 AM
A place where I once worked did this. Best thing was I used to have the same birthday as one of the bosses, so he ended up paying on cake day lol then I left before it got round to the following year lol

Ben
10-10-08, 12:01 PM
Im amazed at the amount of replies from admin and mods and no mention of...

WHY THE F U C K IS THIS NOT IN MUPPET!

Jack
10-10-08, 12:10 PM
It is tho? :confused:

:p

Lee H
10-10-08, 12:15 PM
Our place buys everyone cakes on their birthdays out of petty cash. Used to take everyone out for lunch at a restaurant on someones birthday too but the current economic climate has put paid to that.

Ben
10-10-08, 12:16 PM
It is tho? :confused:

:p

Dont worry mate i will keep my eyes open and point you in the right direction!