PDA

View Full Version : 2l 16v eco tuning

calibra-keith
09-10-08, 12:02 AM
I know there will be some topics somewere but iv searched and came up with loads of unrelated topics so wondard if someone could help or give a link to were it may be, right for my project i am looking at putting a redtop or if find more funds c20let but i have a full cali with a good con 2l 16v eco iv been thinking why dont i just put that lump in and do a few bits to it or is it possible to put a turbo on that later on like the astra coupe turbo or are they different ?

also what parts will i need to buy to be able to fit this lump into my nova ?

thank you

napalm_27
09-10-08, 12:50 AM
pm'd

Nova_Tek
09-10-08, 12:05 PM
You will need the conversion kit which you can find on http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=m03k6a63s65lqvcl5dmp7hch75 plus the obvious engine bay stitch welding to be done. fitting the 2.0 8v, Redtop, Eco, LET is the same work involved so its been covered many times.

With regards to the engine this is down to you. Many people go for the Redtop as a conversion as they are more powerful as std and you have probably read a few stories about the Ecotech.

TBH the Eco is not a rubbish engine, yes its got its sensor problems but that can be sorted. People have stuck the 2.0 8v engine into their Nova's and have enjoyed it so the Eco being 6BHP more powerful and torquier isnt a bad thing. AFAIK you can get them turbo'd. If I had a spare Ecotech sitting there in good condition Id be happy to stick that in my Nova. IIRC there was an ecotech in TV a sometime ago that had a full exhaust system and induction kit fittied and was pushing redtop power.

:thumb:

Pistol Pete
09-10-08, 12:21 PM
Will be good to see a tuned Ecotec. Look forward to your progress. I would guess the mounts and etc would be the same for the XE? Good luck.

Steve
09-10-08, 01:16 PM
I believe the mounts are the same as XE's but depending on the year you may also need the transponder key.

Ive got a really old vauxhall magazine somewhere that shows an eco on throttle bodies.

ben lee
09-10-08, 08:32 PM
i had my ecotec up to a proven 185bhp not correctly mapped and detting should of made closer to 200bhp ifnot more.

that was on throttle boddies cams headwork ect.