PDA

View Full Version : xe top end?

ReeceH
08-10-08, 11:54 AM
my xe corsa goes fine through the gears,pulls well but wont go past 130? that just seems to be all its got. where as my xe astra i have will go right past the 140 thats on the clock
(all on private roads)

only thing i can think of different in the 2 engines is the astra has a full system exhaust, no cat ect.
whereas the corsa only has a 2" cat back

other that i dunno what else?

burgo
08-10-08, 12:39 PM
the cat could have broke down and partially bloked the exhaust and therefore strangling the power

DAN-F
08-10-08, 12:52 PM
Yea Had That Same Prob On My Calibra, If Its The Cat Broke Down You Will Struggle To Rev Past A Certain Point But It Will Do It In All The Gears Not Just Fifth

ReeceH
08-10-08, 12:54 PM
you might just be right burgo! al get the cat cut out today, get it weighed in lol
get 50 quid a cat nowadays!
it seems to be sweet as a nut in 1st 2nd 3rd like, 4ths slightly boggy, and 5th struggles like
has an f20 on too

ReeceH
09-10-08, 02:27 AM
well ive now looked and realised its already got no cat!
im thinking a new set of plugs? as since it used to run let injectors,and overfuel. they will be pretty ****ed? it now has xe cream injectors on with a 3 bar fpr, is that standard?

anyone else any ideas?

comparing it to the astra. the astra will to about 70 in 2nd, and about 100 in 3rd iirc
where as the corsa only does about 60 in 2nd, and maybe about 80 or summit in 3rd

burgo
09-10-08, 06:46 AM
i think its the blue xe injectors designed to run at 3 bar. could be wrong tho. could the astra have been chipped at all?? only reason i ask is it might have a higher rev limit. also check that your gearboxes are the same otherwise checking like for like isnt going to work

saloonwoody
09-10-08, 07:05 AM
beige injectors should have a 2.5 bar fpr , iv found in the past you cant always mix and match managment

dumpycorsa
09-10-08, 08:21 AM
May seem stupid but do both cars run on the same size wheel and tyre? If you're running 17's or high profile tyres your speedo may be reading out.

ReeceH
09-10-08, 01:35 PM
al try a 2.5bar fpr on it with the beige injectors.
dunno
dunno bout the ecu, al steal it off astra n try that too
wheels are both 16" speedlines,
al try a few things see what happens, cheers for the help

Southie
09-10-08, 01:49 PM
I have the same sort of problem but its when I get to about 120.

I'm putting it down to aerodynamics on mine as it's in a combo van lol