PDA

View Full Version : corsa/corsa help

c ryan
07-10-08, 02:01 PM
ok going to look at a 91 opel corsa 1.o litre and was just wondering is there any difference between that and a 93 corsa/nova. also is it hard to convert it to a 2.0 turbo cost wise and can the 1.0 loom work with the 2 litre , can these corsas be converted to power steering and central locking sorry if theses seem stupid questions dont know much about these corsas/novas just love em

Dod
07-10-08, 02:05 PM
Corsa A and the Nova are identical apart from Badging. As for the rest of your questions, I dont think anyone in here ever fitted a Turbo engine in a Nova, used CL or Power steering.

That sort of thing is unheard of in here.

c ryan
07-10-08, 02:13 PM
^^^ ya rite just looked at project thread lol me bad some class projects graet site for information ,

Dod
07-10-08, 02:14 PM
Try the search function at the top right of the screen as well, it'll help people not rip the piss out of you.

Also, fill in your location in your Profile.

hc coupe
07-10-08, 02:16 PM
Cost wise,What you willing to spend, £500 good luck you know what i mean..!!

set out what you have got planned and what you think it you can allow to spend.

Power steering may not end out a must have.

Jack
07-10-08, 02:25 PM
is there any difference between that and a 93 corsa/nova.
Assuming you mean K reg Corsa A/Nova, and not a Corsa B, then same thing, like for like.

also is it hard to convert it to a 2.0 turbo cost wise
Biggest cost there will be sourcing the engine tbh.

and can the 1.0 loom work with the 2 litre
Car loom, yes; engine loom, no.

can these corsas be converted to power steering and central locking
Yes on both counts. Easiest is electric PAS from a Corsa, although have a look at Craig Green's project thread for information about using a hydraulic system. Central locking is dead easy, you can pick up aftermarket kits for as little as £10-20, or get hold of original nova equipment from a higher spec model (tbh, its probably easier to buy a new aftermarket kit).

Pistol Pete
07-10-08, 02:44 PM
Corsa A and the Nova are identical apart from Badging. As for the rest of your questions, I dont think anyone in here ever fitted a Turbo engine in a Nova, used CL or Power steering.

That sort of thing is unheard of in here.

PMSL great answer lol :thumb:

c ryan
07-10-08, 03:26 PM
Razorjack cheers good info there
"Assuming you mean K reg Corsa A/Nova, and not a Corsa B, then same thing, like for like" what i meant here was the difference in mark 1 and 2 ,
When did the mark 2 come in and is there any major difference in looks.
Cheers

Stuart
07-10-08, 03:36 PM
MK1 nova
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Vauxhall_Nova_1982_Bateman_Street.jpg

MK2 Nova
http://www.tuning.gen.tr/imagdatas/12540_a.jpg

Corsa B
http://www.b2bwyorks.co.uk/motor/9026.jpg

the MK1/MK2 nova was also known as the Corsa A for those in less intelligent countries, like Ireland, Mainland Europe etc :P

Pistol Pete
07-10-08, 03:39 PM
Stu, any chance of a bigger pic? ;) lol

Dod
07-10-08, 03:39 PM
MK1 nova
The MK1/MK2 nova was also known as the Corsa A for those in less intelligent countries, like Ireland, Mainland Europe etc :P

Google the Top Ten Richest Countries in the world you Batty Boi.

Stuart
07-10-08, 03:40 PM
rich and stupid.... they tend to go hand in hand ;)

Pete, it was the first non chavvvvvved MK1 piccy I found on google images lol

Pistol Pete
07-10-08, 03:42 PM
lol:eek: , a non modified Nova on google images??!!

Dod
07-10-08, 03:42 PM
Dont be jealous Stupart, its ok.